Wheelies

(Tchill2much @ Jun. 19 2007,22:49)
all_coholic.gif
 Ok last time I'll give this class on how to wheelie so listen up.

1. take off all your gear including shoes you can"t do a proper wheelie unless you wear flip flops.

2.start that bad boy up give some good twist as you leave the driveway to let the nieghbors know you've departed.

3.Now you have two basic options of where to do it,
   A. head down your nearest freeway (good choice for the high speed 5th gear type wheelies)
   B.Head right on down to mainstreet if one is not avalible any ol busy street will work.

4. When you really feel like no cops are looking rool out in 1st gear to about 15mph pull in that clutch (make sure you hold on) grab a hand full of throttle twist till she can't take anymore and let that clutch go it'll be the best wheelie you'll ever want to do.

5. For your typical high speed type of wheelie it'll help if you replace your reaer sprocket with one that has about 55 teeth on it the more the better, rool on up your nearest on ramp soon as you running a solid 100mph  stand up on the rear pegs (again make sure you're wearing no gear) bounce on the bars about twice while at the same time clutch 'er and twist as previously stated and there it is..

Wheelies 101 also have a instructional DVD you can find on www.#1Squid.com

And never forget you'll never wheelie like a pro unless your buddy is in a truck beside you videotaping it.. for everyone to see..
super.gif

super.gif

No seriously wheelies will come in time the more you ride you'll just feel it then you'll be doing it all the time..Good luck!!
bluegrab.gif
some funny juice!!! That was hysterical!!!!

super.gif

(hayadooin @ Jun. 20 2007,14:23) o.k. before you "wheelie" watch this..........

that video is horse crap because that dude landed that wheelie and rode on for a few sec. and then it looked like a patch of gravel he hit and the bike slide out

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't ride wheelies anymore.Like I use to.But as low as 20mph I can blip the throttle and it jumps up.4-5k in 1st in comes up real easy.Now I'm an old fart so I try to keep it on the ground.Wanna wheelie,get a 1000.
1st gear 4-5k-no clutch,just twist.But I don't recomend it.

(dadofthree @ Jun. 20 2007,11:21)
(Over_Easy @ Jun. 20 2007,14:02) I admit I am no big fan of wheelie time, but occassioanlly I've tried just getting it off the ground a little.  I weigh 215-220 and have toyed with trying to get it up just a little in first w/ no such luck.  I've had a low tank, sat my ass back in the seat, had it at 6k in first closed the throttle then slammed it open and the front wheel still just barely floats along the road.  I don't want to be pulling too hard to bring it up for when it does I don't want to have all my weight falling backwards.
Your Busa is sick, get it to the doctor. I weigh at least 250 dressed out and mine won't stay on the ground when I hit it or go to pass som slo azz. +15K with no work on it, bone stock.
Now that I think about it, that extra 35 lbs. you have coming back at the tail end of the bike may be what's helping you get the front up.

(smonroe86 @ Jun. 21 2007,01:15)
(hayadooin @ Jun. 20 2007,14:23) o.k. before you "wheelie" watch this..........

that video is horse crap because that dude landed that wheelie and rode on for a few sec. and then it looked like a patch of gravel he hit and the bike slide out
My point exactly. What is important about
this video is the out come not the stunt.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back