Wheelie question

Busa&Coal

Registered
(roll ons)

So I've gotten comfortable enough to get heavy on the throttle on my 2011 but i cant get the front wheel off the ground. im 210lbs on a stock bike.

The only time its felt like it came up a little was when i was riding two up.

could it be that im hitting the gas at 5k-6k rpms and thats too low? when im in this range, it wont rare up but its hard as hell to hang on to her for the sheer acceleration!

tips please and thanks!

ps. ive tried getting it up to 5k. roll off then back on hard, and that just makes me death grip it to hang on.

ps. ive tried getting it up to 5k. roll off then back on hard, and that just makes me death grip it to hang on.

Try that around 8k. That should do it in the first 3 gears. And be careful! She'll get up quick.

Edit: Maybe try that in 2nd gear just to be safe. If you're new to wheelies, 1st gear can get away from you real quick.

At 5000 or 6000 rpm in first gear my bike would wheelie no problem. Is you bike still completely stock?

I could roll on mine in first and second gear and the front wheel would lift at least a little, no matter what RPM I started at.

yeah stock with 1600 miles. i also sit way up on the seat. should i slide back against the hump and then take off?

That should not make much difference. She can lift you no matter where you're sitting. Just don't trust the hump to keep you on the bike.

Try that around 8k. That should do it in the first 3 gears. And be careful! She'll get up quick.

Werd. Anything above 7k things get lively very quickly. Mine will power wheelie very easily in the first 3 gears above 7k. Don't have much room around my neck of the woods to hold her open in 4th above 7k to see if it'll power wheelie, but the front wheel will be very light and floaty up to that point in 4th. Mods are in sig. I'm 175-180lbs.

Take it out of C mode or leave the 8000FT above sea level altitude.
Roll on wheelies were never an issue on my GENII Stock it would lift around 6500 in first.

What color is your Busa?:laugh:

Two easy ways my Orange (most wheelying color) likes to pull wheelies. Give her all the throttle in first from a dead stop and about 4 or 5K the front will come up easy! Or in 2nd gear when hard on the throttle blip the clutch around 5.5K RPM and she will stand up in a big fat hurry!!! :please: This method is fun and with some practice I can ride it all the way up an on-ramp. I find it easier to control a clutch wheelie than a power wheelie. Have fun!! Be carefull. These bikes are beasts!!!! :rulez:

its the black/red. i can see in yalls pics that you dont think i have the fast color.... but I'd have to argue:lol: maybe i need to just quit being a vagina and let her eat :laugh:

its the black/red. i can see in yalls pics that you dont think i have the fast color.... but I'd have to argue:lol: maybe i need to just quit being a vagina and let her eat :laugh:

Sir, please return your blk/red model to the closest Suzuki dealer and trade it on the White model ASAP they are known to sell out fast and wheelie away!!:thumbsup:
If the white models are sold out find a fat girl friend. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir, please return your blk/red model to the closest Suzuki dealer and trade it on the White model ASAP they are known to sell out fast and wheelie away!!:thumbsup:
If the white models are sold out find a fat girl friend. :laugh:

you,re about out of gas! maybe i should try it on a low tank :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
1-3 gear should do it ....make sure your tire is nice and sticky, and also what i do i put my throttle hand as far right as i can so that when the bike comes up you don't accidentally blip the throttle and 12oclock.....its doable because i did it all the time on my previous 04 model that was extended 6 inches....got a ticket to prove it...lol

Back