08 busa wheelie potential?

tonmarchelli

Registered
Hi guys.

Question for the 08 busa owners. what is the wheelie potential of the new busa. Power wheelies i mean. I am by no means a stunter but i do like to pop the occasional wheelie. is it pretty easy to bring up in the first 3 gears? do you have to chop the throttle or load the front forks or does it just shoot for the sky? my 06 gixxer 1000 is pretty prone to wheelie. i am definitely not buying it to wheelie, just to have a little fun every now and then.

thanks.

57881Hayabusa_6714x.jpg

Keep the wheels on the ground and ride the bike the way it was meant to be ridden.
firedevil.gif

Mine wheelies in the first 2 gears when I give her the spurs, especially if I do it at higher revs...

Yes it will wheelie easy enough, even if you're not intending it to when you whack the throttle.
I don't get how, (after all i've heard) and what you guys say, how you can hold on to the freaking thing when you "whack the throttle."
SHOCKED.gif
 Is it hard to hold on to when you do that?
When doing a wheelie, you want to grip tight with your legs on the tank and a light (not death grip) on the bars.
The Stomp pads are great to aid in gripping the tank with your legs....

Yes it will wheelie easy enough, even if you're not intending it to when you whack the throttle.
I don't get how, (after all i've heard) and what you guys say, how you can hold on to the freaking thing when you "whack the throttle."
SHOCKED.gif
Is it hard to hold on to when you do that?
When doing a wheelie, you want to grip tight with your legs on the tank and a light (not death grip) on the bars.
The Stomp pads are great to aid in gripping the tank with your legs....
That only works if your used to taking to the sky in the seated position. I prefer the standing, on both front peg's, not using the rear pegs.

Hi guys.

Question for the 08 busa owners. what is the wheelie potential of the new busa. Power wheelies i mean. I am by no means a stunter but i do like to pop the occasional wheelie. is it pretty easy to bring up in the first 3 gears? do you have to chop the throttle or load the front forks or does it just shoot for the sky? my 06 gixxer 1000 is pretty prone to wheelie. i am definitely not buying it to wheelie, just to have a little fun every now and then.

thanks.
Yea, I am in the same boat. I am not a wheelie hero but I like to "get it up" once in a while. I also have a 1k 06. My limited experience so far tells me you will not be disapointed
laugh.gif

I have both, the K6 1k and the K8 busa, they both in a different league! The K6 1k is crazy about wheelies..it goes up even when u dont really want it to. The Busa is more like controlled wheelies

Back