Will stock Busa wheelie off the throttle?

Gen.II with ECU modded and some mods- like mine can go throttle off on 3 gear without any problems.
I make a video:

Last edited by a moderator:
<------Completely stock 08 Busa

Stock sprockets, tires, engine, suspension, all of it.
Wheelied off throttle only.
The one in the pic was in 2nd gear.
This one was a half mile long, so yes, it was balanced...not the typical power wheelie that drops when you run outta steadily climbing rpm's.
You can clutch it up to a balanced point, or hit the throttle hard and roll back out of it as the front lifts, catch it in a balanced point and ride it as long as you like.

Im a newbie to posting threads but Im not an old dumbass who is clueless as far as very basic facts. With a larger size diameter tire (60 vs 50) Dont quote me the actual dif in size but its ballpark an inch higher then a 50. So any newbie with a brain should already know that when you raise a 600+ lbs bike and inch higher above the center of gravity (your rear axle in this case) Theres a whole lot of extra lbs abouve the axle that is used for leverage to pull the front end up. If this was not a major factor then why the hell does tio fuel and pro racers etc lower the rear end vs raise it??? Im not even talking a minor dif here a 2" lift with the tire over stock and the raising links and yes... stiffing the rear spring as the spring will absorb less of the clutch or power up... (why drag racers all have custom springs) ask anyone who dont ride like a newbie and has to express his skill level by bashing people on forums like this. I moved out of my house when I was 19 because i bought a bike and that was my parents rules and I have been riding ever since... Im 44 now and :bowdown: to you for I am in your territory of riding skill... talking smack to better your skills. Im not a wheelie expert but to somebody who is learning wheelies might fing this interesting... somebody who dont know how to ride or simple basics based on laws of gravity might think bashing such facts makes for a better rider.
Ok, so what if it is an old thread... when ppl hit the search in google it comes up. thats how I got here,,, the laws of gravity have not changed in ten years... you all have way to much time on your hands to come to a ten year old post and post how funny I am for adding on to an old post,... Thats funny too. lol... I have adhd and other mental issues... I was the 2nd smartest kiid in my class (out of 2 other special ed classmates) I cant spell good and my grammer sucks and I get bashed every time I post on these threads but its all good, I laugh at myself too... but not as hard as I did when called a newbie. [video]https://youtu.be/4jqma5lj3_8[/video]

Most people here laugh when an old thread pops back up, it's nothing personal. As it's usually just the shock, especially since the search function on the site can't find alot of old threads.

The guy you think is bashing you is a track coach, he knows what he's talking about.
Some people don't like the way he comes across, and they are simply too sensitive.
If you'de ever talked to Tufbusa you'de know he tells it like it is, but would help you with whatever you needed.
No disrespect, but just because you've been doing something a long time...doesn't mean that you've been doing it right. Be open minded to what you may consider criticism. We ALL have much to learn.

A huge problem in this world is that so many people are "offended" by almost anything.
If we all would learn to just let it go, we would all be much better off.

Listen to Tuf's advice, go practice your wheelies, and have a good time:beerchug:

When I was 20 I would wheelie to show off, this was on a FZ600, real easy to do. After growing up a little and crashes and surgeries to repair and fill a leg with metal and screws I asked myself who am I doing wheelies for?
These days on the Busa I just don't, I'm 44 and I want keep riding as long as I can. It's because I love two wheel riding and 9 or 10 months on crutches defeats the purpose.
That being said, if the time is right and road allows I will grip and rip my right hand and yes the front wheel will start pointing north like nobody's business for a beautiful power stand. But as far as RPM chain stretching wheelies I'm over them.
But to each his own. To me if you ride motorcycles and can wheelie a bicycle then your good!

Back tire size makes a dramatic diference in wheelie ease. a 60 series tire ex 200x60 17 will wheelie much easier then aq 50 series. A tighter adjusted rear spring will also help a bit... not just to raise the bike but less absorbtion will happen. very small though.. I changed my lowering link to shorter,,, it raised the ass end up and also brought the axle closer to the front causing the wheelbase to shorten. I still dont feel the bike was all that wheelie prone with the 50 series but now with a 55 series i have to be carefull. came up near blanance point before I got off her while I was leaning foward going balls out as I hit a small hump in the road.

I don't bash anyone in forums period.

It was NOT the different tire sizes that made any noticeable difference in how easily you could wheelie . it WAS the difference in the air pressure, chain tension, tread , and or in the tires rubber compounds assuming you didn't install the same exact tire in all these different sizes.

I rarely ever post but you obviously feel strongly that the tire size had a big impact on your wheelies and tire size can have a huge impact. You just haven't made a large enough change in the sizes to have any effect on wheeling.

When you had your tires changed you had
1.) your chain adjusted (or you should never go there again)
2.) they inflated your new tire to the correct pressure, over inflated it, or under inflated it.
3.) they replaced your tire (or you should really never go there again)

Any of those 3 things will make the dramatic difference you noted. I'm not trying to argue or bash I'm just informing you. If anyone disagrees then they're wrong.

I don't bash anyone in forums period.

It was NOT the different tire sizes that made any noticeable difference in how easily you could wheelie . it WAS the difference in the air pressure, chain tension, tread , and or in the tires rubber compounds assuming you didn't install the same exact tire in all these different sizes.

I rarely ever post but you obviously feel strongly that the tire size had a big impact on your wheelies and tire size can have a huge impact. You just haven't made a large enough change in the sizes to have any effect on wheeling.

When you had your tires changed you had i

1.) your chain adjusted (or you should never go there again)
2.) they inflated your new tire to the correct pressure, over inflated it, or under inflated it.
3.) they replaced your tire (or you should really never go there again)

Any of those 3 things will make the dramatic difference you noted. I'm not trying to argue or bash I'm just informing you. If anyone disagrees then they're wrong.

The shorter tire will wheelie easier assuming you have good traction.
There is also no correct tire pressure, it varies greatly.
34psi cold front/rear is a good ball park for street knee dragging.
Lots of straight highway does better with slightly higher psi.
Its always adviseable to keep the front psi around 36 or less cold, as its where you want and need the most traction.
Air pressure will rise 3 to 5 psi or more as the tires heat up, depending upon conditions.
Different tire brands can handle differently at the same psi.
Especially a sport vs sport touring tire.
Slow wheelies are easier with lower tire pressure, and higher speed are easier with more normal mid to high 30s psi.
There are good ways to set up a stunt bike, just as there is for a track bike, drag bike, or street bike.
But there are no set rules as what you need to have to ride a wheelie.
If you can ride one on one bike, you can wheelie most any bike.

My wife says she sees me all the time doing a small 3"-6" wheelie all the time when i take off from first, but i swear never feel it.

Is that normal?

Nope Hayabusa can't wheelie or corner. :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5rLuy-Lrlm1mQCmuqyE1weMYnFCSks-cKaHWUcDKkOR4kWJcY.jpg

I love this thread, I'm glad you guys revived it. I also love the humor and even the bickering between "brothers" - it just means you guys are tight and share similar passions. Most bickering we all remember is likely between you and your siblings; am I right? I still have to find out that TRE is though LOL... Don't worry, I'll figure it out. I'm am a long time rider, but new to the supersport bike scene. So all this is all wonderfully new to me. I haven't done wheelies since I was a kid in the 70's on my RM 125 in a field nearby, and I don't plan on doing them now that I'm much older, but it's fun to read up on these discussions anyway, and who knows, I just may start feeling a little squirrely some day.

Last edited:
I love this thread,
I'm glad you guys revived it.

I also love the humor and even the bickering between "brothers" - it just means you guys are tight and share similar passions.

Most bickering we all remember is likely between you and your siblings; am I right? I still have to find out that TRE is though LOL . . .

Don't worry,
I'll figure it out.

I'm am a long time rider,
but new to the super sport bike scene.

So all this is all wonderfully new to me.

I haven't done wheelies since I was a kid in the 70's on my RM 125 in a field nearby,
and I don't plan on doing them now that I'm much older,
but it's fun to read up on these discussions anyway,
and who knows, I just may start feeling a little squirrely some day.

Just for the FUN of it brother ~ Ivan's Timing Retard Eliminator . . .

Back