Who else is a cop on this site?

mg6680

Registered
Everyday I'm on this site there seems to be more cops? I work as a Deputy Sheriff in Oregon and quite a few of my riding buddies are cops (even though I dont hang out with them). The hair on my neck still raises when a Trooper comes over the rise in the opposite direction. Most are pretty good, just watch out for the young ones with something to prove. Most of the cops I know and work with wont even bother going after a bike at warp 9. Unless he/she is putting someone else in danger why bother? If they cant ride the bike or ride beyond their abilities, well, thats evolution.

I'M 5 0 ALSO. POLICE SGT. IN TN... SEVERAL ON MY FORCE HAVE BIKES AND WE RIDE HARD. LIKE YOU SAID IT'S ONLY THE "TOP GUN OFFICERS" THAT YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT. I TRY LIKE HELL RIDE THE SPEED LIMIT BUT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. I DO TRY TO SHOW THE UTMOST IN RESPECT TO MY FELLOW BLUE BROTHERS AND NOT TRICK OR FLY IN THEIR PRESENSE. SOMETIMES THEY ARE LAYING LOW AND ACTUALLY PEEP ME DOING WRONG.

huh.gif
Just wondering ... if in your own county or state can you guys get out of your tickets ( fix em ) ? Here I know several cops and thats what they have done for family...

Oh and not sure why but I have witnessed right in front of me younger guys doing stand ups, rolling burners ... all kinds of crap and ofcourse as soon as I feel a little frisky and lift the front wheel or ... a nice patroman is coming the other way. :whip:
aktion043.gif
:hammerhead: I'm dumb and soon to be old and dumb.

WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT IS "PROFESSIONAL COURTESY" MEMBERS OF LAW ENFORCEMENT ARE PRONE TO MAKING MISSTAKES ALSO THIS IS SIMPLY OUR WAY OF LOOKING OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER. COMPARABLE TO PEOPLE WITH MONEY...

It really depends on the cop and the violation. Biggest thing for me is knowing when and where I can juice it (in my area anyway). For me the Hayabusa is really no fun riding the speed limit.

I lived in Hawaii for a few years. I was pretty young then, but the cops seemed quite a bit more laid back there.

hey Cops are people too!! We love fast cars, cycles and beautiful women. I have been a cop now for almost 19 years, I work on a City Police Department here in the good ol USA. I work road patrol, Im a SWAT Officer, Armorer, and Firearms Instructor. My wife is #3 with the Sheriff Department here (what can I say she has more pull than me&#33 We both love to ride cycle. And as I said in the past there is nothing like a beautiful woman on a sport bike, nothing like curves on curves!!!! As for the riding fast question... yes I do, but when I do I do it in places that I check out first. 1.) NO people around 2.) ride through the area and make sure no animals are around 3.) No parts from cars or trucks or any type of junk are in the road It makes for a much safer high speed run and puts the odds in your favor for no tickets or a crash. Every one now days have a cell phone, do something dumb and some one will call. And yes I have a soft spot for sport bike riders. One thing... If you get caught going fast think and ask a question. Ask your self, is the run from the Police going to put your self or anyone else in danger? Stop and pull over, no one wants a ticket.. But your life and other peoples lives could be put on the line. True you could get away you are riding the fastest cycle made. But could you live with your self if people were injured or killed? People have been killed by the Police who are chasing people. And boy if your caught after a chase your going to get buried in tickets and legal expenses. If you stop right off and if your lucky with the right attitude yes you could ride away with a good ass chewing. Just because I stop you does not mean you get a ticket (I have nothing to prove, I know I can write tickets) respect gets respect.... Yes I have let people go with warnings.. (This does not mean Im a push over, I can kick ass if I have to) Are all Cops like me?.... NO some will not give a break to their Mother! In a nut shell if you follow my few little tips odds are you will never get a ticket and the only Police contact you will have is in here!! hehehehe!!!

Sue with the Busa

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a cop, but [kissup]I REALLY REALLY like them, and think they are neato, especially Dallas, Richardson and Plano cops...they are just awesome [/Kissup]

Just playing
biggrin.gif

It is always interesting to get a few officers' opinions on speeding bikes. I've been let off a number of times for 20+ and frankly I'm not sure why. Not complaining, but it is interesting.

I got pulled over once for a 60/40. Guy asked me some questions etc., told me to slow down and let me on my way. Didn't even give me an 'official' warning, of which I've very appreciative.

I've been pulled over in the vette by one who was a REAL ####. Walked up, asked for liscense/ins, took it, walked back to car. Finally returned and said "sign this". Those were the only words he spoke to me the entire time, until I asked what I had done. "Speeding of course. 60/50." was his only reply...sheesh.

I,m a Deputy Sheriff on Hilton Head Island South Carolina Road Patrol, SWAT and Bloodhound Tracking Team The only tips I can give you about doing warp speed on your Busa and getting caught is 1) Watch out for the young cops and 2) If I pull you over and you give me a chitt eat'n grin and say " man I,m sorry about that"
wow.gif
I'll never write you, but if you lie to me and say you dont know why I pulled you over or give attitude your done. :hammerhead: Hey I was'ent born a cop and I know you cant have a Busa and do the speed limit... Just use your head, and if you get caught just admit it, it's your only chance
aktion035.gif

MAX SPEED, JUST WANTED TO MAKE A CLARIFICATION TO OUR POST "PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED BY THE POLICE CHASING THEM". THAT'S NOT QUITE IT. PEOPLE HAVE DIED AS A RESULT OF FLEEING FROM THE POLICE BUT THAT END WAS CAUSED BY THEIR POOR JUDGEMENT NOT THE FACT OF THE POLICE... THE RUN-UM-TIL-THEY-WRECK MENTALITY HAS LONG BEEN GONE.

BOTTOM LINE RIDE CAREFUL, RESPECT OTHER'S IF STOPPED BE POLITE AND YOU SHOULD COME OUT O.K...

MOST OFFICER'S I KNOW LOVE BIKES THEY JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU AND ANY OTHER PERSON INJURED BECAUSE OF CARELESS HANDLING OF A BIKE...

Hey max speed! SWAT AMORY and driving a hack! SWAT trained here also for this SGT. This little pd rocks for equipment. Colt SMG'S 3 rnd bursts in the units and Sig 45's duty gun. We also carry 223's in the trunk for the long stuff.

I love being a cop but I do have a soft spot for bikes if the rider has a decient attitude and I don't have to kill my POS crown vic trying to catch them.

Another note: I have come to the conclusion that all B/W'S now by FORD are slow to say the least. Chevy should have upgraded the Caprice. What do you guys drive?

2000 Crown Vic, cary Glock 22 in .40 s/w swiching to H&K .40, Colt 9mm sub-gun and MP-5 and new 14" shotgun just got my chemical agent instrutors course from the FBI, so now I can play with GAS!
aktion033.gif
... I find it kinda hard to cary all this stuff on the back of the Busa when I get called out
tounge.gif

Most of the time Law Enforcement people just show their ID or Union affiliation when pulled over and there off the hook. Have a nice day. It has worked for me in the past as a Union steward (Teamsters Public and Law Enforcement) and using my ID for the Department of Corrections.
biggrin.gif

Oh god I am selling my bike if they start letting you guys put blue lights on your bikes
wink.gif
wink.gif
I have to say I have alot of friends that are police officers I have put in quite a few Networks in the local police stations and Town offices I even have a friend who is chief of police where I live . (Yes I kiss up too) but I have seen all kinds . Law enforcement officers are just people with athority (SP) they are like you and me When you live in a small town like I do you know most or went to school with some and you cant believe they got to be a cop . They just didnt get caught doing what I did . I try not to let the bad ones get to me . Yes they harrass you and follow you all the way out of town but how many people called cause you where ripping wheelies down mainstreet . So we get a bad name . I have had 52 tickets in the last 16 years several criminal speeds lost my license for a year and did 14 days in jail for Operating after suspension (I have never drank and drove though ) I learned stay out of town and keep it reasonable an you will get in less trouble . Now my license is almost clean and I have my class 2 Hazmat tanker truck etc. I dont use it but they let me get it . Anyway I got off track again . Myfriends are great I dont know if I would ever try to outrun a police officer there arent alot of Hayabusas around here although if I blew by one going the other way I might just take my next left and keep going if I didnt see him . That brings up a question is it true that Police are trained to take there first right if they lose sight of the vehicle they are chasing ????????

wink.gif

smile.gif
STUNNAH
OK so I get up early in the morning and I read this page and make a post and my wording is a little off..  Guess we have a few English teachers in here to.... hehehehe.... Or could it be a lawyer?  Lets not get hung on a few words ok... I was trying to make a point and get a few people to think.... your right I looked at my post and it could have been a little better.....
biggrin.gif

We have the Vick to drive here and we carry the Glock 45cal. and have  the short Benelli 12 ga auto in the car with AR15s in the trunk and on the TEAM we use the MP5 9mm with the Navy trigger which gives semi auto or full auto fire

shot the mp5 at SWAT school I like them better and the Benelli is a great weapon. I'm kinda bored so I hopw someting gets strired up. I probably just jinxed myself bad!

Knee dragger, FBI using the 40mm for launchers? We are and we use the sponge round for our less htan lethal stuff. Let me tell they can rock someones world. Must have been a great school.....how many hrs. they spend on liability...

Back