What to do if a cop stops you

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I got this in an email at work today. I don't know where it came from but it seams like some decent advice.

What to do if a cop stops you:

1. Stop! Whatever it is you were caught doing gets bumped up to another level when you run. The outcome of this is often really bad – in most cases for the rider.
2. Pull to a safe location. If this requires riding a few blocks to a good pull off spot, raise your left arm to signal to the cop that you are submitting to the stop.
3. As soon as you stop, take your helmet off and remove your ear buds if you are wearing them (they are illegal by the way). It’s important that you can hear the cop’s instructions. Obey them!
4. If you remove your gloves to get your information, be sure to put the gloves down. Especially in the dark they can be mistaken for a weapon.
5. Remain seated on the bike with your hands where the cop can see them, especially if the cop approaches you from the rear. You’re not going to run or be aggressive sitting on the bike so it will help diffuse the situation. Until the cop directs you otherwise.
6. Don’t reach into your jacket for your license without telling the cop what you are doing. Say “my license is in my jacket, can I get it?â€
7. If you are carrying a legal weapon tell the cop as soon as he walks up to you. Tell them you have it and where it is on your body. If you have an illegal weapon, leave it at home.
8. Just answer the cop’s questions directly and don’t talk too much. If he asks you how fast you were going simply say “a little fastâ€, don’t volunteer a number.

Number 8 is just plain wrong. - If you say, "A little fast", you have admitted to speeding. You would be far better off to say something like, "I was travelling at the posted speed limit, officer."

But hey, I'm White and therefore never get hassled by the popo, so what would I know...?:poke:

I would also suggest that, if possible, you pull into a gas station or other public place with security cameras. That way there will be a record of any possible wrongdoing by the cops.

Also:

Eating_evidence.gif

turn on flashers + turn off engine also....in a car at night turn on dome light..it will help the officer feel more relaxed which can only help

Number 8 is just plain wrong. - If you say, "A little fast", you have admitted to speeding. You would be far better off to say something like, "I was travelling at the posted speed limit, officer."

But hey, I'm White and therefore never get hassled by the popo, so what would I know...?:poke:

I assume the point on number 8 is that you were obviously speeding so rather than piss the cop off by denying it just say a little fast, maybe you can catch a break.

Rainbow, I am shocked at you bringing race into another thread that has nothing to do with race! :laugh:

The “tips” you offered are highly irresponsibly and inaccurate I’m so shocked by your blatant nonsense that I’m going to “correct” them for you.

#1. 1st off ignore the flashing lights and pretend you can’t see the officer until they pull up next to you to wave/signal you over. Give them the “who me” look and act like you are going to comply.

#2. Make sure you continue for at least a few blocks more making random hand signals and pointing at a few things.

#3. Now that you have pulled over make sure to keep the bike running. As soon as the officer exits the vehicle make sure to take off again….the trick is to not go very far, just launch like 50 yards. You only want to go far enough to make them to get back in their car and start to chase you. Once they get back in you need to stop again, and wave them forward. Feel free to repeat this process as many times as you deem necessary.
#4. When the officer approaches you make sure to take you helmet off in an aggressive manner and “pretend” to throw it at them. Don’t really do it because you don’t want to scratch it after it bounces off their face and into the ground.

#5. By this point you should have taken your jacket off and be making erratic body movements and please be sure to let your body language do some aggressive talking. Peal your lower lip down to expose the tattoo that says “eff the police”.

#6. Answer every question with another very random question. I.e. Officer: “Do you Know why I stopped you” Rider: “Do you like the planetariums” or my personal favorite (and the officers too) “Hey pig, do you smell bacon”.

#7. Make sure you toss out the phrases “My taxes pay your salary, so you work for me”…..“Why don’t you get a real job”… and “I make your yearly salary in a month” AT LEAST one time each; twice will help drive the point home.

#8. Lastly, make sure you take any citations that are issued and ball them up and throw them in the cops face and be sure to tell them where to stick it. It is at that point that the officer will see that you ARE part of the 1%’ers and will have no choice but watch you ride away into the sunset a free man.

If you follow my simple steps to the letter you will walk away Scott Free. Try it out for yourself and see; you will thank me later.

*Legal Disclaimer: Every officer is different and is a small chance these step will cause you to catch a beat down, have your bike impounded, and be hauled off to jail where you will be raped!

Lil C,

Excellent tips! I also like to offer the cop a donut and then throw it on the ground just as he reaches for it. :laugh:

The “tips” you offered are highly irresponsibly and inaccurate I’m so shocked by your blatant nonsense that I’m going to “correct” them for you.

#1. 1st off ignore the flashing lights and pretend you can’t see the officer until they pull up next to you to wave/signal you over. Give them the “who me” look and act like you are going to comply.

#2. Make sure you continue for at least a few blocks more making random hand signals and pointing at a few things.

#3. Now that you have pulled over make sure to keep the bike running. As soon as the officer exits the vehicle make sure to take off again….the trick is to not go very far, just launch like 50 yards. You only want to go far enough to make them to get back in their car and start to chase you. Once they get back in you need to stop again, and wave them forward. Feel free to repeat this process as many times as you deem necessary.
#4. When the officer approaches you make sure to take you helmet off in an aggressive manner and “pretend” to throw it at them. Don’t really do it because you don’t want to scratch it after it bounces off their face and into the ground.

#5. By this point you should have taken your jacket off and be making erratic body movements and please be sure to let your body language do some aggressive talking. Peal your lower lip down to expose the tattoo that says “eff the police”.

#6. Answer every question with another very random question. I.e. Officer: “Do you Know why I stopped you” Rider: “Do you like the planetariums” or my personal favorite (and the officers too) “Hey pig, do you smell bacon”.

#7. Make sure you toss out the phrases “My taxes pay your salary, so you work for me”…..“Why don’t you get a real job”… and “I make your yearly salary in a month” AT LEAST one time each; twice will help drive the point home.

#8. Lastly, make sure you take any citations that are issued and ball them up and throw them in the cops face and be sure to tell them where to stick it. It is at that point that the officer will see that you ARE part of the 1%’ers and will have no choice but watch you ride away into the sunset a free man.

If you follow my simple steps to the letter you will walk away Scott Free. Try it out for yourself and see; you will thank me later.

*Legal Disclaimer: Every officer is different and is a small chance these step will cause you to catch a beat down, have your bike impounded, and be hauled off to jail where you will be raped!

:rofl::rofl: I do this all the time and get away with it every single time.

lil c you got everything right except number 5. You leave your jacket on so the only place the officer can point his tazer is your forehead. Which if your a real biker you can take 50,000 volts to the cranium and still laugh at him as he gives you the second shock. Plus you look so much cooler pulling the barbs out of your head. :lol:

Also -

- Turn on flashers, as previously stated
- Turn off motor for sure, and put down kickstand and lean bike on kickstand if you can (means you can't take off on him)
- Take the key out of the ignition
- If you do have earbud or earplugs in, WHEN APPROPRIATE make sure officer either hears you say, or point to your ear and shake your head "Officer I can't hear you I have earplugs in".
- Don't get off bike until he tells you to.

Wrong...

Right advice:

1) If you have boobs use them!

2) Otherwise take your ticket like a man...

Pretty simple really!

Back