Miracles do happen!

Race_Harley

Registered
Another day of adventure and danger for that guy in the corner.  I can’t make these stories up… this is true to life. If I didn’t just live it, I wouldn’t believe it either.

Here it is...

I leave work, as I normally do everyday, my way to my second job. Today is a little different in that I have to stop and get gas for my white Firebird, as I was on empty. So, after fueling up, I see that I have to make up time. RT 135 was the usual slow-moving parking lot as was the Southern State. After a few quick maneuvers, I make my way over the left lane which is comfortable to me for many reasons. As I see the opportunities, I exploit them to get myself further through the sea of vehicles as people haphazardly drive along, most going home to their families. Me, I have to be at work at 6pm and it’s already 5:35pm and I haven’t even reached the Meadowbrook interchange!

After exit 17, the Southern State turns into a 4-lane parkway… more space for the slow cars to get out of the way and for the people who have places to go to make a break for the open road. Well, there were 4 of us who decided that we saw the light and wanted to make small work of that road. I let the other three make the break, two cars and a big black SUV. After it was clear in front of me, I mashed the gas pedal and made my way to the head of the crowd. It was at this point I heard a familiar, ominous sound. Thinking to myself, “I didn’t pass any police cars, that must be coming from the eastbound trafficâ€, as I further pushed the gas pedal towards the floor. Then I noticed that the sound wasn’t going away as fast as it should have if it was going in the opposite direction and it was then I looked in my rearview mirror and saw that same SUV that took off moments ago, trying desperately to catch up to me. I look over at the speedo which indicated a speed of 110 MPH and decided that he must want me to pull over, so I coasted to the shoulder.

As we closed the door of the trunk, I could see he was an undercover detective, and from the tone of his voice, he wasn’t too happy with me. Approaching me screaming, he asked for my license and registration. “Give me the license! What’s that other license for, give me that one too! Wait, what’s the other one for… I don’t need your motorcycle license!† As I was trying to apologize for the speeding, he continued to scream at me about going fast, killing people, killing myself, killing him… blah blah blah.  All I could do was say, “Yes Sir, Yes Sir, No Sir…†you get my drift. He asked if my license was clean and went back to the truck to write me up.  Here it is, I’m figuring I’m going down, so I decided to text my best friend to ask if he has bail money to lend me when I hear the truck door close. He starts screaming again at me about speeding and during the screaming he notices a picture of my sons. “Are those your sons?†Yes Sir. How old is the oldest? He’s 17, I was planning on giving him this car. “Well, do you want him to drive like you did? Are you making a good example to him?†“No Sir, I’m not, but I was just trying to make up time so I can get to work. “I don’t care, you can’t drive like this!â€

Then something crazy happened!

He said, “I could give you 4 tickets right now, but I’m going to LET YOU GO!†At that point, I could swear I heard a chorus of Angels singing “AHHHHHHH†LOL He handed me my license and registration, screamed some more about speeding and started to walk away. It was at that point I called out to him, where he turned around with the “what do you want now†look. I extended my hand to shake his and thanked him once again. Holy Cazookas!  How did that happen?!?  LOL  Lady Luck was on my side today!  I’m playing the Lottery this weekend, just in case. LOL

Note: I know I said I wouldn’t let a cop catch me again, but that only applies to the 'Busa!  LOL

This is a true story!

Peace.

Race    
race.gif

Damn man can I get some Lottery Numbers
110 would get you a beat down in most
parts of Georgia and shot in Dekalb County
guns.gif

Be careful homie and my Lady Luck stay on your
side
beerchug.gif

Must be related to the finest CHP officer in California! Officer O'Conor! It does happen every now and then Congrats!
bowdown.gif
super.gif

I get pulled over all the time! I just say hey what did I do wrong, then I tin them! You know you could join your local vol ambulance corps (Queens village) and get VAS plates for your cage like I did then they dont write you a ticket!

Geez ... you are lucky. He must have been going home, or somewhere else, in a hurry.

Be safe.

Back