I thought you guys would appreciate this...

Ketchmi

Registered
I am suprised at how little the fine was! (would have been even more if it was a Busa'!)

Trooper clocks motorcycle at 152 mph on two-lane highway

by KOMO Staff

Originally printed at Trooper clocks motorcycle at 152 mph on two-lane highway | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

GOLDENDALE, Wash. - A Vancouver, Wash., motorcyclist was clocked doing an incredible 152 mph when he blew past a state trooper on a winding, two-lane highway near the Oregon border.

The trooper said he was working a stretch of Highway 14 near Maryhill on Sunday afternoon when he spotted the motorcyclist barreling toward him at high speed in the opposite lane.

The trooper quickly took two radar readings of 152 mph from his forward-facing radar, and a third reading of 151 mph from his rear-facing radar after the motorcyclist zoomed past him.

The speed limit in the area is 60 mph.

The trooper did a U-turn, and pulled the motorcycle over. The motorcyclist was later identified as Matthew M. Jackson, 39, of Vancouver, who was riding a 2008 Kawasaki ZX1400 motorcycle.

When the trooper asked Jackson if he knew how fast he was going, Jackson said, "No idea. I just opened it up."

The trooper explained the potentially deadly result of hitting a deer or running into rocks at that speed, and it appeared Jackson understood the seriousness of the situation, the trooper said.

Jackson was issued a $411 speeding citation.

The Washington State Patrol says high speed is one of the leading causes of serious injury and fatality collisions -along with driving while intoxicated.

"Eighty percent of fatal motorcycle collisions are now the fault of the rider," said State Patrol Chief John R. Batiste. "Half of fatal collisions don't even involve a second vehicle."

That would have been jail, impound of vehicle and up to a $25,000 fine up here.
Oh and our dollar is par now. That's real money.

Yepper - I would a been walking. Vehicle impounded for a week, lost license for a week, right there on the road - then off to court. Who knows what would happen there. fines start at $2,000. You can't stop under those conditions - I would of had to run. That settles it I'm moving to Washington!

"Eighty percent of fatal motorcycle collisions are now the fault of the rider," said State Patrol Chief John R. Batiste. "Half of fatal collisions don't even involve a second vehicle."

I wonder how real those figures are?

Pull over??? Screw that....must......go.....faster!!

Pull over??? Screw that....must......go.....faster!!

Yeah but notice he said he was on a ZX-14 and just had her "opened up"...

If he'd been on a busa, he'd been going a lot faster than 152mph and woundn't been caught

:rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Yeah but notice he said he was on a ZX-14 and just had her "opened up"...

If he'd been on a busa, he'd been going a lot faster than 152mph and woundn't been caught

:rofl::rofl:

LOL!!!!!! Them George Foreman Grills musta slowed him down.

Back