Got a warning yesterday...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I work for small county gov't, my ride down Main St USA is riddled with both State & County police cruisers, our office works with the local Sheriff's Dept, I am great friends with the second in command, I could go on and on...

Well, there's a gal that works in another dept down the street that's married to a Virginia State Patrol Officer and I got word through the grapevine that he's been asking about the "girl in the red Mustang" and that he's been "watching me"...he and his wife drove past my office and when he saw my car, he grilled her wanting to know if she knew who owned that car, and even though she does know me, she denied it for some reason.

WTF?!  The more I think about this, the more pissed I get!  If I've done something wrong, he should pull my ass over, not go around asking people things about me.  I'm sure he's passed me and has my plates, so run the damn things and find out all you need to know.  What in the hell is a State cop doing acting like that?  And why am I so irritated by this?!  I haven't had a speeding ticket since 1993, and my last moving violation was for rolling through a stop sign a couple of years back...that sums up my driving record, so why would any cop be "watching me"?

I feel like I'm being stalked.  If I've done something, he's got radar and the blue lights, so pull me over...I feel like reporting what I've heard and finding out how ethical it is to have a State cop hounding his wife for info on a distant co-worker...who knows who else he's talked to?  He's got all the power to pull me over, but opts to just go around asking about me?!  
pissed.gif

Am I wrong for feeling like this?  I feel stupid even asking, but I'm just not thrilled at the prospect of "being watched" unless I'm doing something wrong...

rant.gif

Just so that you feel better.

I stopped watching you 2 minutes ago..

Dang, looked again! Sorry!

(Shanling @ May 03 2007,09:35) Just so that you feel better.

I stopped watching you 2 minutes ago..

Dang, looked again! Sorry!
laugh.gif

Thanks for making me laugh...I came in to work pretty pissed today...gotta let it go I guess...

Or should I?!
firedevil.gif

Just a thought here...

But, do you think he might be interested in you? There is that possibility you know.

(omslaw @ May 03 2007,09:41) Is your alter-ego, "Rockwell"
rock.gif
Point well taken
laugh.gif

Don't know why I'm pissed over this...

Shanling, he's married, new baby...is he interested in me?! God, I hope not...
tounge.gif

His wife denying that she knows you? Perhaps she senses something? I am just spitballing here but any women that has tamed the Dragon would have a certain "air" about her that the alpha males in society would be attracted to.

Ya know, he prolly heard about this awesome gal that drives a red 'stang. He also heard that he rides a Busa and was tearin' up the Dragon last weekend!
wink.gif

hey, if there was some good lookin' girl riding around my neighborhood on a 'Busa and in a red 'Stang, i know i would be checking her out
beerchug.gif

I'd take this info to his superiors. Seems unethical and down right creepy to me.

(Jet Li @ May 03 2007,10:11) I'd take this info to his superiors. Seems unethical and down right creepy to me.
THANK YOU!

That's how I'm feeling...I'm not going to sit here and say I don't speed or that I'm not an aggressive driver; been damn lucky to NOT get ticketed all these years, but again, if the cops see me doing something wrong, then it's their job to pull me over, not go around like it's some covert operation trying to dig up info about me...

If it were a County cop, I would have already let his superiors know since I know enough of those guys...but State?  
crazy.gif
 I don't really want to touch that one for fear of getting even more attention from 'em...don't get me wrong, I've met some awesome State guys, but I've also met a lot of a-holes...

I feel like this guy is misusing his powers for some reason...I have at my fingertips more private info on every citizen in the County I work in and I'd never misuse it, though believe me, I've been asked...I feel that he's crossed an ethical line, so to speak...

'Chelle, are you giving off the vibe? Maybe it is that I just tamed the Dragon aura? Seriously, it does sound strange that someone would be asking such questions of people. Hopefully, it truly is nothing and will just go away.

If his wife denied knowing you when she does know you, then she probably knows him better than anyone else and knows why he was asking about you and since she "KNOWS" him she probably did not feel comfortable letting him know the she knows you because she probably knows he does have stalker tendancies.

You know?

(BigBSBusa @ May 03 2007,10:22) 'Chelle, are you giving off the vibe?  Maybe it is that I just tamed the Dragon aura?  Seriously, it does sound strange that someone would be asking such questions of people.  Hopefully, it truly is nothing and will just go away.
No clue man...I drive to work and back home every day just like every other lemming around here
wink.gif
And from what it sounds like, I've been "on his radar" for some time now, so this isn't something that's just happened since my amazing skills were shown on the Dragon and Rt 28
laugh.gif
(I can hear dadofthree laughing at me now)
biggrin.gif

Sometimes I'm on the bike, sometimes it's in the Jeep and most days it's the Mustang...I drive the same no matter what I'm in, so no clue why the red Mustang's been singled out or why, if he thinks I'm doing something wrong, he doesn't just pull me over...

I can take it...I'm all grown up
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(thrasherfox @ May 03 2007,05:23) If his wife denied knowing you when she does know you, then she probably knows him better than anyone else and knows why he was asking about you and since she "KNOWS" him she probably did not feel comfortable letting him know the she knows you because she probably knows he does have stalker tendancies.

You know?
How do you know what you know? You know?

(thrasherfox @ May 03 2007,10:23) If his wife denied knowing you when she does know you, then she probably knows him better than anyone else and knows why he was asking about you and since she "KNOWS" him she probably did not feel comfortable letting him know the she knows you because she probably knows he does have stalker tendancies.

You know?
rolleyes_extreme.gif

I think she's the stereotypical wife married to a State cop...plays dumb a lot
laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ May 03 2007,09:28)
(thrasherfox @ May 03 2007,10:23) If his wife denied knowing you when she does know you, then she probably knows him better than anyone else and knows why he was asking about you and since she "KNOWS" him she probably did not feel comfortable letting him know the she knows you because she probably knows he does have stalker tendancies.

You know?
rolleyes_extreme.gif

I think she's the stereotypical wife married to a State cop...plays dumb a lot
laugh.gif
Plays dumb or is dumb?
biggrin.gif
Sorry, couldn't help myself.

(VaBusa @ May 03 2007,07:19)
(Jet Li @ May 03 2007,10:11) I'd take this info to his superiors. Seems unethical and down right creepy to me.
THANK YOU!

That's how I'm feeling...I'm not going to sit here and say I don't speed or that I'm not an aggressive driver; been damn lucky to NOT get ticketed all these years, but again, if the cops see me doing something wrong, then it's their job to pull me over, not go around like it's some covert operation trying to dig up info about me...

If it were a County cop, I would have already let his superiors know since I know enough of those guys...but State?  
crazy.gif
 I don't really want to touch that one for fear of getting even more attention from 'em...don't get me wrong, I've met some awesome State guys, but I've also met a lot of a-holes...

I feel like this guy is misusing his powers for some reason...I have at my fingertips more private info on every citizen in the County I work in and I'd never misuse it, though believe me, I've been asked...I feel that he's crossed an ethical line, so to speak...
Actually Michelle, if you want to be techincal, you made a statement that why is he asking people about you, if he wants to know something just run your plates.

Well if he did run your plates for personal reasons that would be unethical.

And are you sure he just doesnt really like your car and just wondering who it belonged to?

It could be all innocent and maybe the wife is a jelous type and that is why she didnt tell him.

I wouldnt sweat it too much unless you go out your front doot and he is standing there in a trench coat or something..

Back