Wheelie Time

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Holy cow...

I've been raving about how well my bike tune went w/custom map.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/107024-jones-performance-central-fl-awesome.html

Throttle response is snap on (makes me think about double checking my chain,
making sure it's strong enough)
smoothness rivals the zx-14 and I got about a 7 hp boost.

Everyday I get on and marvel the difference. I've been a little cautious learning
the new characteristics. So today on the way home from
work, thought I'd hammer it just a bit.

Normally I run about 5000 rpm in 2nd gear and cut it loose for a burst. I turn the
corner in 2nd and looked down and I was doing just under 6000, twisted it hard...
and the front end shot skyward instantally, POWER WHEELIE ::11...holy crap, it wasn't doing
that before. It wasn't a "I think I did a wheelie", this was big air. :thumbsup:

Guess the people going the other way got a bit of a show, bet that was
fairly impressive looking. (Good thing they couldn't see the stain) I was pumped
though after it happened...

Anyway, very impressive job by Chris Jones again :beerchug:

Glad your so happy with their work:thumbsup: Easy on that throttle don't want to end up with a :moon:

Nothing like those kind of moments. the ones that you :flush: at the time, but 10 min. later you're trying to do it again.

Be Safe !!

:poke: mine did that right off the showroom floor and I'm 205 #s

I've pulled a couple wheelies on it before...but not like this.

The others were kinda lazy, this time she snapped up almost faster
than she went foreward...

Holy cow...

I've been raving about how well my bike tune went w/custom map.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/107024-jones-performance-central-fl-awesome.html

Throttle response is snap on (makes me think about double checking my chain,
making sure it's strong enough)
smoothness rivals the zx-14 and I got about a 7 hp boost.

Everyday I get on and marvel the difference. I've been a little cautious learning
the new characteristics. So today on the way home from
work, thought I'd hammer it just a bit.

Normally I run about 5000 rpm in 2nd gear and cut it loose for a burst. I turn the
corner in 2nd and looked down and I was doing just under 6000, twisted it hard...
and the front end shot skyward instantally, POWER WHEELIE ::11...holy crap, it wasn't doing
that before. It wasn't a "I think I did a wheelie", this was big air. :thumbsup:

Guess the people going the other way got a bit of a show, bet that was
fairly impressive looking. (Good thing they couldn't see the stain) I was pumped
though after it happened...

Anyway, very impressive job by Chris Jones again :beerchug:

Only a $1000 dollar fine for first offense wheelies in FL :banghead:, one good tune up/one nasty ticket! Glad she is running good. Where in Cen FL is this shop? :thumbsup:

Nothing like those kind of moments. the ones that you :flush: at the time, but 10 min. later you're trying to do it again.

Be Safe !!

I know the feeling of trying it again,:laugh:
Stupid at first, but ya gotta get that feel again.
Ride up safe Bros
Bubba

:poke: mine did that right off the showroom floor and I'm 205 #s

Yeah, my Pop's 62 yrs. old, and always rode Harleys when I was a kid (I'm now35). He hadn't rode a bike for a while, and never been on a sportbike. When I got my Busa it was on the showroom floor, and the salesman told us that they spray some stuff on it to keep them from fading, or getting dusty (or something). So my Dad insists that he ride the bike home. Saying he had alot more experience (he was a motorcycle cop), but I think he just wanted to ride it first !! (He's the one that talked me into getting the Busa over a CBR1000RR). So me, and my little brother (18 yrs. old) are following him home when I hear my little brother say "LOOK, LOOK"!! When I look, my pop has the bike at about 10 o'clock. We pulled up next to him at the next light, and he looks over at us, and says "This thing has a little more power than my Harleys" (his last Harley he bought was a 1979 full dresser, LoL)

Back