oracle say, "man who go to bed with itchy butt, wake with stinky finger."
That shid's funny
tounge.gif

laugh.gif
I second that...
ices_rofl.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Follow these simple instructions to get a good wheelie.
1. Sell the Busa
2. Buy ZX12R

Just razzing yer guys in good fun. This is my 1st post, just came from the ZX12r.org site, hope to glean/share good biking info with you guys, I do have respect for the Busa its one fast mofo, & I promise not to #### wif ya re the Busa/12r rivalry thing, now I gotta go stretch my chain some. Later

M

Some day you might change your name to something like mine.. as in x zx... lol my last bike was a 2001 12r and it was way harder to wheelie then a busa! It came up about the same or easier but that throttle was too jerky with the light crank.
I will say my 12 pulled harder then my busa but it it was slow off the line and it was scary anything past 170. (speedo indicating 190) My busa is smooth as silk at 182 (gps). My gf loves going with me on the busa,,, she hated the 12. sorry to hi jack... Back to wheelies... I like 2nd gear.. 1st is cool for shor ones. hope its ok to post a link to my youtube vid
If the link dont work its the very first video up top of a google search with mike van unen you tube

Last edited by a moderator:
video- Note I just started wheelies 6 months ago wich is why im not quite to balance point and chasing the wheelie. Im one down 4 up and gtot about 50 on the speedo and let off blip it and let go the clutch... I back off the throttle a bit half way up bc if I wait until im too far to let off I will be over by the time I react. Thats my tip,, throttle it up hard but start letting off for when you get to b.p. dont wait till your at bp if you let off too soon you get to try aqain,,, if you dont you will walk home.

I know why I never posted in this thread, it was started more than two years before I joined :laugh:

Had I been around I would have simply said take her up to about 4K and twist the right wrist :whistle:

I used to ride wheelies all the time on my nighthawk. I only do them by accident on the Busa. The nighthawk I had to pop the clutch and give it hell to get it up. The Busa comes up all on its own and feels like it will just keep coming. I'm too scared to flip it with all that power. I'll settle for fighting to keep the front tire on the ground in first and second. If I want to do wheelies I'll buy a lighter bike again.

Talk about an old thread. So I guess it's ok to post an old picture of Rocky circa 2008. Sorry I had a hard time getting it in focus.

DSC09619.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When I had my CBR 900 wheelies were easy but this bid bird is a different animal! Power stands vs wheelies are different. But then again there are those guys with a god given talent that can wheelie a moped! be safe and ride for yourself and and not to show off

Back