Wheelies ...

kinda rough on the front tire, though.
that sudden acceleration from 15mph to 80
winkold.gif
I've figured out I get about 1,200 landings on a front tire.
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

I've already started to get better on my wheelies. I'm going to practice clutching tonight. Roll ons are dead simple, the key was timing the second dump to jump off the springs. My seals are already leaking.

I asked my dealer how much, and they said $200 for parts, and $200 in labor? WTF, your kidding right? They don't have to be fully rebuilt do they?

I've already started to get better on my wheelies. I'm going to practice clutching tonight. Roll ons are dead simple, the key was timing the second dump to jump off the springs. My seals are already leaking.

I asked my dealer how much, and they said $200 for parts, and $200 in labor? WTF, your kidding right? They don't have to be fully rebuilt do they?
I just had my seals replaced.

Parts were about $100.00 seals and dust covers and oil.
And $75.00 for an hour and a half labor.

I pulled the forks off, myself and delivered them to the shop.
No doubt saved an other $75.00.

Hey Tufbusa, do you think it's harder to wheelie on a 1K ? I know it (the bike) will wheelie easier, I'm talking about the margin for error ? Or how about this, put a newbie (at wheelies) on a Busa, or a 1K, which one does he whad up first ?

now I have a wheelie machine and I can not keep the freaking front end down.  Goodluck and godspeed.
thumb_up.gif

beerchug.gif
Hey there's the answer !!!  We can have a "Wheelie Meet & Greet", and we can all take turns learning on the Ducati !!!  
laugh.gif

I know, I know.....
corner2.png
, for even joking about that !!!  
pissed.gif

I wish to encourage you all to be careful doing wheelies. I am new to the board and I have learned a lot being a new Busa rider. My 2002 Busa was a rebuild project a buddy of mine put together. He currently has an 06 that he has put together. He purchased the bike from a guy who had a friend snap the tree from the frame doing wheelies. It broke right in the welds of the frame. Unless your bike has been reinforced by some strong metal, I would not be doing wheelies on a Busa. The frame of the bike is all aluminum. Pull that plastic off around your tree and you can see the weld that I speak of. These bike are not designed for these type of stunts. PLease be careful if you do decide to raise the front wheel and know what you are doing.
deadhorse.gif

SD531853.JPG

I can power wheelie all day in 1st gear from 3500rpm on up but Im always dropping the front end a little hard.. I always try to clutch it up in any other gear but it's hard to get right, practice makes perfect
thumb_up.gif

Pseudo, check HondaSuzuki of SLC for your seal replacement. I think they quoted me $230 me bringing the bike to them. If you have a front center stand, I can help you get the forks off and you can take them down there and they'll do them for much less money.

Also - they do have some economically priced aftermarket seals available as well. The stock seals are around $80 or so -right? I think I paid $29 for mine at HondaSuzuki - or something like that. I took my forks in and they put new seals and oil in for around $80 or so.

Regarding wheelies in Utah - we're at a higher altitude. I noticed that a lot of guys that can just pull their fronts up easily from roll on - are at sea level. That is a big factor. I put a 42t sprocket on my buse over here in Cedar Hills - and it's a noticable difference low end. (but Ba-bye gas mileage) I love the umph though. A 43t would even be easier to pull the front up with.

I'm in the neighborhood if you need help. Fairclough is in W. Jordan and is an expert.

Pseudo, check HondaSuzuki of SLC for your seal replacement.  I think they quoted me $230 me bringing the bike to them.  If you have a front center stand, I can help you get the forks off and you can take them down there and they'll do them for much less money.

Also - they do have some economically priced aftermarket seals available as well.  The stock seals are around $80 or so -right?  I think I paid $29 for mine at HondaSuzuki - or something like that.  I took my forks in and they put new seals and oil in for around $80 or so.

Regarding wheelies in Utah - we're at a higher altitude.  I noticed that a lot of guys that can just pull their fronts up easily from roll on - are at sea level.  That is a big factor.  I put a 42t sprocket on my buse over here in Cedar Hills - and it's a noticable difference low end.  (but Ba-bye gas mileage)  I love the umph though.  A 43t would even be easier to pull the front up with.

I'm in the neighborhood if you need help.  Fairclough is in W. Jordan and is an expert.
Dude! I know Jason! He just pieced out his Busa! I'm thinking of buying some of his stuff if I can find the $$$. Where are you at?

go down one in the frt. and 43 in the rear. youll pull it anytime you want...even if your lowered.

The heck you say! I take off like a rocket and I can't get the front end to come up.
Mine is stock aside from the RS3 bolt on Yosh's.

I'm in the same boat. Can't do a power wheelie at all, tried full throttle
about 200x already. I was told by my buddy who wheelies the piss out of his
Giggy 1000 that you have to "load the front" by downshifting and then accelerate
hard to come up.

Or you have to clutch it.....which seems to be easier, but every video I've EVER
watched REALLY stresses that you learn the power wheelie BEFORE you try a clutch
wheelie.

I'm 5'11" 190lbs too, so I'm not heavy by any means.

I'm just over here off of Cedar Hills Rd. up from the High School. I'll PM you the info.

Jason's da man. He is building a serious 1/4 mile rocket - a turbo-evo running 550hp or so. He's helped me a ton on my buse.

Back