How do I wheelie this bike?

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
How do I wheelie this bike?

I can wheelie a dirt bike, no problem, and my buddy Honda 929RR easily.

But no sure the way to wheelie the busa, people of said its easy to wheelie, but I have a hard time (and I'm a bit chicken!!)

I got the front wheel in the air, by revving up to around 6000, letting off casuing the front end the compress a bit, and cracking the throttle. That felt good.

Would like to know the best/easiest way to learn how to do them.

P.S. I'm very patient, and don't want to learn by sliding it down the highway a few times!!

Hope you have good gear and wear it when you try that crap. Oh, and I hope you don't mind fuggin' up yer busa.
rock.gif

Go slowly, get used to the size and weight of the Busa... Then just like you already did... either just snap into that throttle at damn near any RPM in first, or roll off then snap into the throttle at about 6K in second... She'll come up quick or your get some wheel spin... both entertaining... But she will fly without being provoked if you just leave a stop light and smoothly but quickly rolly into it. At about 5500 in first she'll come up all on her own with you tucked onto the tank... Good Stuff..

But take your time... Mistreat the Big Busa and she'll kick you square in the Nuts... Literally and figuratively...

Dunno if I ever said welcome... So uh Welcome... and have fun...

I find mine comes up as early as 5000 rpm if you let off mommentarily then wack the throttle. The harder you wack it the higher it comes up and the longer you hold the throttle the longer it stays up. Just keep in mind that you must learn slowly or else you will be on your azz. And i never let mine come up more than a few feet (to be "safe" and to be easier on the front end when she comes down).

And as alluded to by others if you choose to use the Busa a trick bike you will be making a big 550 lb mistake. Cool power wheelies and burnouts - yes - but mile long vertical wheelies - not a good idea on such a large heavy bike.

Be careful. But I must add that I love pulling wheelies! (he he).

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085142397 -->

Go slowly, get used to the size and weight of the Busa... Then just like you already did... either just snap into that throttle at damn near any RPM in first, or roll off then snap into the throttle at about 6K in second... She'll come up quick or your get some wheel spin... both entertaining... But she will fly without being provoked if you just leave a stop light and smoothly but quickly rolly into it. At about 5500 in first she'll come up all on her own with you tucked onto the tank... Good Stuff..

But take your time... Mistreat the Big Busa and she'll kick you square in the Nuts... Literally and figuratively...

Dunno if I ever said welcome... So uh Welcome... and have fun...
Thanks for the wheelie tips!

Learing from people with experience, in all parts of my life, has always been a good thing.

Rev said it.
at any rpm, just snap the throttle and it will lift.
but be ready to adjust the throttle quickly not to fall on your back. You need to feel that the initial lift is enough to bring you as high as you want and then hold it. I alway position my body so that if i don't have enough lift, i can pull back or if I have too much I can lean forward to slow it down.
It's hard to explain, need practice, takes time.
The bike has enough power to do what ever you desire and more.
Good luck. and be safe

richwheelie.jpg

I'm thinking it might be helpful if someone had a nice wheelie tutorial on here.

You know, something like:

Tach up to XXXXrpm in first, snap throttle 1/2 way, should lift the wheel X amount, roll back off the throttle slowly and set it back down.

Advice on how to start slow with just lifting the tire a few inches, and then working up from there.

Sorry TorontoBusa, always cover your rear brake when doing a wheelie. If poop goes horribly wrong you can mash the rear brake and bring it back down.
smile.gif

Heh...Crashing a wheelie with them will more than likely blow as well... 550lbs coming down from 3 feet at 75MPH = shattered Busa... I have seen two Busa's totally shattered as in totalled here on the board over the last couple of years...

the easiest way to pull a wheelie on the busa is to make the front tire come off the ground while the rear is still on the ground.

hah.. sorry., just playin just do that shat in first and you'll be lookin' at the clouds soon enough.

start by growing some balls
Ha ha ha. Funny but might be considered harsh to an unsuspecting newbie. Let's play nice now (smile).

I think the point is that if you do not get a little agressive with the throttle it won't come up by magic so don't be afraid, just cautious.
Sorry... I don't mean to offend...

I was trying to be terse.

( :
No problem, I go the balls, but my brains are to big!!

I've watched many video's of guys wrecking their bikes trying to wheelie. I can do them on dirt bikes, but on a mint road bike, well.... I will!! (eventually!!)

Back