What was your expectations

1711038597956.png

freedom GIF

Body aside, what was your expectations from the 08' Busa?

Suzuki did it for me. It's like they read my list. I also wanted alittle bit lighter bike, but that woulda raised the price too much. So it's fine at the weight it is.
My big ass can mover her around just fine anyways.

ill just need a couple first hand views and some with new exhaust etc. before i can decide

Last edited:
Sorry, but it is ugly the same as the Kwaker 1400 is to me. Looks like a real Busa in a leisure suit -- an orange leisure suit...
lol. Funny thing perspective, I hated the look of the gen-1 but fell instantly in love with the genII. Mind you there two second handies side by side, a beautiful pearl white and (some other color) Low kms, scorpion pipes added, it was great. I test rode it set up as it was with the factory damping settings and didn't notice any issue, but of course I wasn't cranking it over. I rode it home, grabbed a deposit and came back, no doubts in my mind.

The state government here had just past some funny laws, called the Reckless lawless disestablishment act designed to crack down hard on motorcycle gangs after a fracas on the Gold Coast where two people (rival bikers) got stabbed. But they did it in an eatery in a lively tourist precinct, big mistake! Basically the new laws added 7 years to any sentence if it was found you were a patched gang member or an affiliate. Didn't that throw the cat among the pigeons! Whole gangs, serious ones, were lining up at lawyers offices signing statutory declarations that they "once" were a member but now were no longer. The laws also targeted fraternizing together so all pack rides stopped and clubhouses were closed. There were many raids, many people arrested.

The laws were contested and eventually withdrawn but they the desired effect in clamping down on the whole outlaw motorcycle scene. Now right around that time I bought my White busa. And the police were out in force targeting any small groups of bikers, especially if you were on a Black bike lol lol. Oh didn't I have a field day. I'd sneak up behind a group and watch them slow down, then follow them for a mile or so and then rapidly catch up and blast past them like they were standing still :laugh:

Every now and then I see a cop on a white bike on the other side of the road or highway and give them a significant nod. Often getting a nod back haha. Then as now there are some unmarked cop bikes on the roads and I'm sure they didn't know for sure so nodded just in case. I'd pull up at a coffee shop every now and then and get these wary looks so I took to getting off the bike and then inspecting all the other riders like I was looking for a criminal. I couldn't help myself. I was untouchable you see, the rider on the White bike, the sign of purity, law and order. ;)

Back