Ouch, that was kinda harsh

metric03

Registered
So I have had my bike listed for a couple days now on craigslist and I thought $4000 was a pretty fair asking price, I hadn't gotten very many hits on it though, mostly guys just asking questions and not getting back after that. Then I got this.

"oh come on dude thats a hi miles bike, and who buys a bike like that and treats it like a 250??? it looks like **** too your nasty nast paint job looks like ass and indicates you have no skills and crashed it as well as you cant paint or afford someone to do it right for a otherwie amazing bike that deserves a full rebuild. i flagged you ad i think you a punk ***** and if you dont like it youre more than welcome to suck a ****"

So you dont like it, so what. That's just mean man, I'm not in a rush to sell it or anything so I figured I wouldn't beg.

IMG_0084.jpg

So I ask you, grammer aside, is he justified at all?

the exhaust and mismatched swingarm lead me to believe it went down at some point, rather than just picked up a "custom" paint job. it's really tough to make a satin paint job look really good. perhaps if you did a satin white with off white vines, a little airbrushed shadow, etc. you could stay with the theme. that being said, the guy sounds like a dirtbag.

excellent deducing skills by the way, I had a 5mph low side on black ice and decided to start customizing as long as it was apart.

since you're not riding it all that much, i'd consider powdercoating the remaining silver pieces, passenger pegs, rearsets, maybe the frame?

excellent deducing skills by the way, I had a 5mph low side on black ice and decided to start customizing as long as it was apart.

same reason mine got paint bro. too spendy to go full on fighter.

So I have had my bike listed for a couple days now on craigslist and I thought $4000 was a pretty fair asking price, I hadn't gotten very many hits on it though, mostly guys just asking questions and not getting back after that. Then I got this.

"oh come on dude thats a hi miles bike, and who buys a bike like that and treats it like a 250??? it looks like **** too your nasty nast paint job looks like ass and indicates you have no skills and crashed it as well as you cant paint or afford someone to do it right for a otherwie amazing bike that deserves a full rebuild. i flagged you ad i think you a punk ***** and if you dont like it youre more than welcome to suck a ****"

So you dont like it, so what. That's just mean man, I'm not in a rush to sell it or anything so I figured I wouldn't beg.

IMG_0084.jpg

So I ask you, grammer aside, is he justified at all?
He just doesn't have enough money to even buy a two fifty probably not even old enough to drive
Posted via Mobile Device

The bike looks fine. Not my style or desire but still fine. The muffler?

The guy who commented to you reminds me of the comments I read on YouTube.
Any category any subject and the comments are all the same. Misspelled Internet insults with terrible grammar and cussing. Also same stuff I hear when playing the playstation. Just a bunch of crazies! Sad slice of this country's future :(

the dued was being a D-Bag, personaly the bike isnt my taste but if you were in FL id negotiate the price with yea i want a gen1 to put next to Heidi , you were doing what you wanted to on it cant fault someone for that,

I can't see the picture at work but the price sounds ok, heck you could probably part it out and make that much if you took your time.

The bike looks fine. Not my style or desire but still fine. The muffler?

The guy who commented to you reminds me of the comments I read on YouTube.
Any category any subject and the comments are all the same. Misspelled Internet insults with terrible grammar and cussing. Also same stuff I hear when playing the playstation. Just a bunch of crazies! Sad slice of this country's future :(

I made the muffler myself, it's basically cross drilled straight pipes with dual tips coming out of a hand rolled shell, all stainless tig welds.

Maybe I should just post the ad in the classifieds here?

I made the muffler myself, it's basically cross drilled straight pipes with dual tips coming out of a hand rolled shell, all stainless tig welds.

Maybe I should just post the ad in the classifieds here?

Ok cool. I like home engineering and that you made it work.
Maybe if you painted it or coated it in some high temp satin black it would look better?

Metric, she is a high mileage bike and no idea how the motor and tranny are doing...with that said...ditch that muffler...it is seriously distracting from the sexyness of the Busa. I don't feel the price is out of line...the guy...would never talk to you like this in person or he would be missing some anatomical features...dime a dozen these days...no morals, no class, no brains, and just a plain old fashion hater of anything...he can't have...

Satin black is hard to make look good on any bike, the bike isn't bad. I have seen worse busa's out there. But for $4000, a busa is a busa. My brother would probably have bought it if you were closer.

Back