What was your previous Bike

Glyn

Donating Member
Registered
I thought it would be interesting to find out what you had before you bought your Busa, and what made you buy the Busa.

My last bike was (is) a 1983 GS1100, slightly modified. Bought new. ( Long term relationship, I really like this one). Currently up for sale.
Previous, 1981 GS750, bone stock, except for bar swap. ( Knew I was going to get the 1100 soon).
CZ400mx, anybody remember CZ?
Kawi 100
Honda 70

My list is pretty short, but I tend to keep the ones I really like a long time.

I thought the Busa was the best package of speed and comfort.

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081999495 -->

last bike i had was 2000 yamaha R6

<!--EDIT|Jace
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081996963 -->

1989 Kawsaki Vulcan with a 1981 Yamaha Seca 750 engine.

Bike was ok....sold it before I got my Busa. Reason why I got my Busa? First off - it was my dream bike. Other reason? Insane speed. Last reason? To make every squid here bow down.

I don't ask my baby to flex her muscles often, but when she does, everyone respects what she can do.

I'm just waiting to get on the track and shut even more mouths up. Too many people on R1s and G1ks think they are unstoppable. I respect the G1ks and the R1s, but when they don't give the Busa the respect it deserves, then that's when she needs to flex.

I had a 1992 ZX7R bought new and owned for only a couple years. Been without a bike for about 10 years, until last month when I bought the purple/black busa. Funny that I thought my 1992 750 Kawi was fast, kind of lacking in comparison to the 04 busa.

Hey Pac-Man, Post a pic of that vulcama hybrid. That's got to be somthing to see!

even shaved!

Last bike I had was a 2001 Katana 750.  Nice starter bike.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082033104 -->

DSC00113.JPG

my last bike was a 2000cbrf4   mods included:

2002 body plastics, solid BLACK w/ white wheels, NO decals at all, goodrich brake lines, two bros x-metal carbon full exhaust sytem, hrc cams, k&n filter w/jet kit, attack rear sets, texas tail, solo tail cover, carbon fiber stado cover and other layover pieces,flipped the clip-ons under the tripple clamp.

you would think i like the solid black color???

it was a FUN bike!!!!! hated to get rid of it , but i REALLY HAD to have the BUSA!!!!!!!!!

Joe

<!--EDIT|UNDRPSI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082002852 -->

cbr3.JPG

Hey Pac-Man, Post a pic of that vulcama hybrid. That's got to be somthing to see!

even shaved!
Cool....lemme take a pic of it this weekend and I'll post it up. It doesn't look anything extraordinary. Just another bike...actually, you can't tell unless you're a big seca or vulcan fan or if you're looking at it up close.

heres my buddies 02 12R ( a sin) after i installed the ti wheels , pc3, scorpion exhaust and texas tail.....my wife wasnt too happy with me parking a bike in our den.... hahahahah.... but guess what
rock.gif

I PAY THE BILLS!!!

JP

MVC_009F.JPG

heres another...... here a list of his current bikes... dudes got too much money... and they' ve ALL been in my den for mods....man he pays good!

01 ducati 748R too many mods
02 zx-12r tmm
97 cbr 1100 xx tmm
02 bmw 1200 cruiser $26,000 !!!!!
03 bmw race replica bike 750cc
87 moto guzzi 1000
97 triumph daytona 595 1000cc tmm
00 busa gsx1300R tmm

MUST BE NICE!!!!

JP

<!--EDIT|UNDRPSI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082003754 -->

MVC_006F.JPG

Last bike was a 91 GSX1100G. Was always asking for more power.... Then the MIGHTY BUSA came along, I just had to get one...:cool:

At age 11 my dream bike was the Honda CX500 Turbo. I read a test report about in my dads popular mechanics magazine and decided I'd own one some day. Still have that magazine till today, Dec. '81 issue.

At that time I was already getting into the motorized two wheel world with a 50cc Puch Moped.
In '85 I worked my ass off and bought a new Honda Aero scooter that was a blast...it did 60 mph!
Senior year in highschool I made an even trade of the scooter for a '76 CB360T with only 2,000 miles (scooter had over 10,000). Drunk needed a liquor cycle
smile.gif

Around the age of 20 I bought my Honda CX500 Custom. Still have it and it's currently up for sale after 14 years.
A few years ago I eventually found a mint collector owned CX500 Turbo with only 7K miles...2 decades later I finally had my dream bike.
I was so blown away by the 500T I went in search for the ultra rare scary fast '83 CX650 Turbo, which I didn't even know existed until I joined the TMIOA.
Found a perfect one with 11K miles only a few states away and snagged it.
I don't plan on EVER selling either of those bikes. I want to be 65 years old and still scaring the hell out of myself with their Jekyll & Hyde personalities.

Lots of things drew me to the Busa and I wanted one since they first came out. The looks are downright exotic. Unlike most current sport bikes the Busa actually fits me, at 5'7 I feel comfortable on it and both my feet reach the ground. It doesn't have the torture rack feel of most other sport bikes. And of course there's the speed
smile.gif

I got to thinking...no matter what car you buy there's always going to be a nicer model like a GT with a bigger engine. If you buy a new Corvette, there's always going to be the better Z06. If you get the ZO6 there's always that Ferrari out there waiting to smoke you. Own a Ferrari and now look out for that Lamborghini....

With the Busa it's the end of the road! There's simply nothing better out there.
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

I had a 1990 GSXR 1100...sold it in 1998 to buy a house and then in 1999 they released the Busa....I knew from day one it was the bike for me. I waited for 4 years to get the bike that is now parked in the garage.

Thanks for asking!

GSXR_Side.jpg

1997 GSXR 600 - loved it! First time I ever rode it (it was my first motorcycle ever) I remember thinking to myself - "it should be illegal to have this much fun!"

Back