What was your expectations

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
Body aside, what was your expectations from the 08' Busa?

Suzuki did it for me. It's like they read my list. I also wanted alittle bit lighter bike, but that woulda raised the price too much. So it's fine at the weight it is.
My big ass can mover her around just fine anyways.
laugh.gif

the weight doesnt bother me. ill just need a couple first hand views and some with new exhaust etc. before i can decide

It wasn't exactly what I was *wishing* for but it was what I *expected*. It is still a 'Busa. For that, I am grateful.

I'm looking forward to sitting on one in my dealership.

Power wise,suk did a great job.Have to use common sense on that one.The bike actually turn out better than I thought it would.A few normal mods will make it look great.
I have a b-n-law ready to drop the cash on one.

Didn't I read somewhere on the .Org (or from a link) that when you are eventually able to replace the stock exhaust, the weight ought to be about the same as (or less than) the '07?

Will the 7 or so pounds matter with the 12% increase in power? Looks great to me, but I'm not a fan of the color choices.

Sorry, but it is ugly the same as the Kwaker 1400 is to me. Looks like a real Busa in a leisure suit -- an orange leisure suit...

YMMV

judging by the spec sheet, it's everything I expected the upgrades would be.

Body wise. I kind of expected something a little sleeker. Sleeker than the 14. Some GSXR styling but with the Busa touch. It looks like a last minute put together thing.

To me, as long as it performs, looks aren't totally important.

(05 Busa LE @ Jun. 28 2007,17:23) Didn't I read somewhere on the .Org (or from a link) that when you are eventually able to replace the stock exhaust, the weight ought to be about the same as (or less than) the '07?
Yeah, but how does that compare to a '99-'07 with the stock exhaust removed.

Apples and oranges
wink.gif
tounge.gif

(kaosccw @ Jun. 28 2007,17:39) Will the 7 or so pounds matter with the 12% increase in power? Looks great to me, but I'm not a fan of the color choices.
Yup, it matters.

More weight means more effort to turn the bike and more braking needed to stop it.

Only thing besides the tailsection and exhaust mufflers that I wish Suzuki had done better was less weight.

7 lbs doesn't matter in my opinion. As stated numerous times here you can spend 10K dropping the Busa a hundred pounds or diet and do the same and live a healthier life. Or at least a lot of us can
blush.gif

I didn't mind the colors that much. Orange was even kinda ok. Do like the Black/Gray though. I like the goodies such as dual fans, up-graded brakes, new cam chain tensioner (big +), Fr. susp. and some other things. Like the fairing style.

Don't like the higher comp. & the new type cyl. only because I'm concerned about the reliablity as compared to the older busa, a common trade off we face when we mod. I would have liked to seen more cc's(disp.) for the power. The emissions thing has me a little concerned also, cost & trouble & time debugging. The 3-pos. map, whatever.

I going to be extremely busy the next couple of yrs. preping for retirement and think this is just alittle to much wait and see for me. I guess I was hoping for alittle more turn key op., as in turn the key and go. My present beloved busa is as bullet-proof as it gets as far as i'm am concerned.

I'll most likely swap my mods.(pipe, undertail, brakelines, PC, air-box, block off plates, cam tentioner) to an 07, have racetec do the fr.end. open the throttle bodies(or switch mine over), add some wave rotors and be happy.

It will be great seeing what developes and all the great mods. that everyone here does. And how as a group everyone helps solve problems that arise. Then in a couple of yrs. I may be in a better position to take one on.

I guess I meant 7 pounds was no big deal to me. I'm already 6'7 265. I think I read the brakes were upgraded so...

i think and  i speak for myself that instead of making the new busa (after seeing pics) i think they should of made a full race spec with all chrome spinning wheels,turbo,nos, everything you could do with 1,on the old busa and then concentrate on a new project.
i bought my bike 2000x reg now 7 yrs old,got 23000 on the clock,and not once have i had a problem,(bar at 5000 miles i needed a upgraded starter motor).(toutch wood).
when she dies on me for good i will then buy anouther.
when a bike runs so good why change it.proven engine.think that sums it all up.
bowdown.gif

I think it looks great. It looks like a busa just tweaked a little bit better for performance. Why reinvent the wheel if you know what I mean. I think the rear section look will eventually grow on all of us, we're just so used to seeing the liter bike slick look every time we turn that we wished the busa looked the same but then that's why the busa is not a liter bike it's in its own class.

(bjewell @ Jun. 28 2007,18:32) Sorry, but it is ugly the same as the Kwaker 1400 is to me. Looks like a real Busa in a leisure suit -- an orange leisure suit...

YMMV
Now that was funny .......... I was expecting at least 1363 cc, lighter with different wheels and a better exhaust . Adjustable triple tree's would have been nice to. Anything else would have been gravy . Was that too much ?

Back