What percent of riders have been 150 mph

Well i'm up to 52 miles now.:laugh:I kept it pretty much between 3500-7000/shifting around 5000-5500(bumped 8000 a couple of times),came up behind a couple of Hardley boys on those OCC Choppers clones and they were cruisin' at an indicated 90 mph(on my speedo)...had to give 'em what fer.:laugh:Still gettin' used to that stock ride height and perched up on top feeling but plan on lowering it just a bit and a New Image mod. on my seats soon will drop me down a little.That humongous exhaust will be history shortly,got a new Brocks Short Meg full system on it's way,etc.Still a fun bike to ride though,can whip it around pretty easily and can't get over how smoothly the trans. shifts.:thumbsup:My 3rd new Busa and likin' it a lot,can't ever see myself being on anything else(note the Busa kanji in the tat...i rode Harleys for 30 years and tattooed for 15 and never got any Harley ink:laugh:).

Gonna go grab a pizza and a Corona,you guys have a good day and i'll check in on you later.:thumbsup:

Jeff

newbike018.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

I have a 1990 ZZR1100 Turbo , with the Mr Turbo , Turbo and fuel injection kit on it

Had been off the road for a few years , soon after I got a MOT on it , I soon found out the front wheel was out of balance

As the bars shock at about 100mph , one day I wanted to over take this other bike , he was not keen

All of a sudden the shacking stopped !

Front wheel was off the ground at 150 on the clocks

Old post BUT.....i said 176 GPS... is true... but one time without the GPS......and the only time in almost 11 years.....i slipped it into 6th...and gained a couple hundred rpm's....with my GIVI bags on.....small ones.....prolly hit a true 180.... felt like the hand of GOD was pushing down on my back...wind downforce...gotta love that.

IMGP5566.jpg

More than I can count. The Busa changed Fast for me I use to think 150 was fast and It is ,but after you have been there so many times Not so much To me 200 is the new Fast my 2 cents

Ive been 178 mph on my 99 busa it didn't really bother me going that fast. But i really didn't like the feel of the brakes when i tried to slow her down, i noticed i was running out of road quick. I've seen 150 mph more times then I should have. Road my bike to Myrtle beach bike week this year with a couple of guys and they wanted to do 150 mph all the way there, from Fayetteville, NC to Myrtle Beach, SC. A i had just got my bike the month prior, and hadn't been on anything with 2 wheels since i was 15, oh im 27 today, had fun thou.

211 recorded on a tank camera, 2000 bike so would say maybe 200 tops but only twice and that was just to pee off another biker who thought he was god on 2 wheels, but never again that's just a wee bit too fast, at that speed my eyeballs were vibrating in their sockets, and the furl gauge moves as quick as the speedo (on an airstrip of course never a public road) :moon:

Why in the world did you stop?! Cops and State Troopers around here don't even think twice... they just watch you go right on bye at that speed. There is the occasional super cop who thinks he'll actually catch you... but he soon turns back into the median and sits there like a good little boy! haha

Why in the world did you stop?! Cops and State Troopers around here don't even think twice... they just watch you go right on bye at that speed. There is the occasional super cop who thinks he'll actually catch you... but he soon turns back into the median and sits there like a good little boy! haha
I think I need to pay a visit to your state lol

Have been 188 mph twice...
Wipe out at 150 mph once and luckily still here to talk about it....Walking away with only a broken wrist.

CHEERS.

Have been 188 mph twice...
Wipe out at 150 mph once and luckily still here to talk about it....Walking away with only a broken wrist.

CHEERS.

Oof your 1 lucky rider, I knew guys that have come off a lot less and aren't here to tell the tale

My old gixxer I've maxed out multiple times, speedo said 186 and just kept bumping it and wouldn't go any higher. I haven't maxed the Busa out yet but I'm sure next year I will :laugh:

yeah I would have to agree....that percentage would be alot higher!!! Usually me and the guys riding to work at 5am on HWY towards Barstow....its a straight part of the 15 with very small places for the cops to hide....we usually kick it up on that stretch. We have hit around 175-180. Let me tell you.....I thought I would be more scared then what I was. But the highway is empty around that time heading to the lovely place called barstow...LOL

I have a TRE and have had the speedo pinned about three times. I'm not sure exactly how fast I was going, however, I haven't done it in at least a year and a half.

Wouldn't it be easier to ask who hasn't, lol?
Think it is in the DNA of the folks who buy a bike like a Busa to pin it at least once.....
Took me 44 minutes from the time I rolled it off the showroom floor. Of course minute 45 I was being given my first "Drivers Award" in over ten years, lol. (:-)

I've pinned my old 01 750 many times at 172, but the busa will get there way quicker, it will there a when I roll off its slowing to 180. I will roll off when I can't see due to head shaking or helmet getting sucked off.

damn....I guess I have a bad speed streak in me. find myself over 150 on surface streets. on my way to work at 5am, still dark out, 0 cars, stretch of 3 lane road over the river, usually take her into the 160's before letting off just to get that adrenaline warmth......so daily 150+'er

Back