Percentage of women riders rising.

RandomNickname

Donating Member
Registered
http://www.local10.com/automotive/4424453/detail.html?aracontent=c6_id1434

Women Drive Growth In Motorcycle Riders
Motorcycling is more popular than ever, according to a Motorcycle Industry Council survey.

While the U.S. motorcycle market enjoyed its 12th consecutive year of growth in 2004, the surge in the number of motorcycles in the United States -- up 34 percent from 1998 to 8.8 million in use today -- seems to have been fueled to a large extent by women.

The survey found approximately one in 10 motorcycle owners is now female, up from 6.4 percent in 1990.

According to Eric McGraw, manager of Harley-Davidson's Rider's Edge education program, "Women are a huge factor in the rising popularity of motorcycling."

He said 40 percent of the students in the program since 2000 have been women.

McGraw suggests the growth of the rider education business reflects the larger growth in motorcycling as a whole.

"We've seen an explosion in rider interest. Between 2000 and 2003 we trained 10,000 riders. Since then, we've trained 40,000 more. While a third of our students already owned a bike, another third purchased a bike within four months of completing Rider's Edge. The remaining third said they were planning to purchase a motorcycle."

Purchase or no purchase, more people every year are riding a motorcycle. And while 24 million Americans rode one at least once in 2003, Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month serves to remind us that any ride is only as thrilling as it is safe, the MIC said.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, in my opinion. For one thing, a woman in a set of leathers? Rowr! ;)

I agree with all that.. nothing cooler than seeing a woman ridding a bike.. especially with leathers on !!
Last year at Biketoberfest i went up with a group of 12 people total, 6 guys ridding, 5 women ridding thier own bikes, and one woman ridding with the back with her man. (all on sportbikes) We had alot of people looking at us saying "damn look at all those women ridders" it was cool

<!--EDIT|Uaintlobusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114746114 -->

I'll have to show the wifey this, she'll be so proud!
cool.gif

I think it's a great trend, and great for the industry.

There is something about riding women that really gets my juices flowing.

(Let's see how our net-nannies handle double-entendre)
tounge.gif

yea my wife fits in there somewhere ? does not ride as much as i do but she has a bike and rides with me at times
cool.gif

Well, I certainly can't find 'em around me!  There are a handful of gals on Harleys, but I still don't see many females riding in my neck of the woods...  
sad.gif

Glad to see it is becoming more popular for women though...as long as we can't put on makeup or talk on the cell phone while we're riding, I think we'll be okay!  
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114777828 -->

Ya'll should come to lubbock tx go to hub city suzuki here New part sales girl 6-1 Rides a gixxer 600 used to work at Hooters that girl is a knock-out and a sweetheart to boot I think I'll call her my Mod-girl because I'll probably buy everything from her gawd i'm gonna go broke
laugh.gif

Ya'll should come to lubbock tx go to hub city suzuki here New part sales girl 6-1 Rides a gixxer 600 used to work at Hooters that girl is a knock-out and a sweetheart to boot I think I'll call her my Mod-girl because I'll probably buy everything from her gawd i'm gonna go broke
laugh.gif
good looking women make good saleswomen... eh bro
rock.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
As in six foot one? as in tall?

Holy crap... is she single? ;)

Back