Feel at 150 mph on a liter bike

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
I took my little to be track bike, GSXR 600 K7 out for about 130 miles yesterday and it gets to 150 mph pretty easy. (All private roads of course :whistle:). If I take it up there fast and slow down, it feels OK, but if I maintain 150 mph for a little, with some bumps in the road, geez, it gets scary, unlike a Busa. I'm guessing, but 150 on the speedo is probably closer to 135.

Maybe the 1 1/4" sag I set on the front forks was too stiff, but wow? It was a bit windy yesterday, I guess that did not help either?

So, I'm wondering what a 1K bike feels like at that speed, from those who have 1K's, in comparison to a Busa?

Suzuki 600's, 750's, and 1000's are so close in weight and wheel base...they feel the same @ speed.

The Busa has 3" longer wheel base, 120+ more lbs, and larger fairings for more wind protection.

But, they ALL use round rubber tires with air in them :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Suzuki 600's, 750's, and 1000's are so close in weight and wheel base...they feel the same @ speed.

The Busa has 3" longer wheel base, 120+ more lbs, and larger fairings for more wind protection.

But, they ALL use round rubber tires with air in them :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

+1, the Busa's weight and aerodynamics make it alot more stable at hi speed. I've pegged many a 1000 and the wind is ALOT more noticeable on them:laugh:
The Busa has you spoiled!:poke:

The liter bikes on down are a little flighty at though speeds when compared to the busa. The busa is more stable based on what BA BUSA said..... weight... wheel base.... and aero package.

I also have a 1k, I feel better on the busa at higher speeds than the 1k, something about the weight and body that makes me more confident.

The busa is defiantely the best feeling bike ive ever been on at those speeds. I enjoy the extra mass and protection

I've peged every bike i have owned and the Busa by far feels the best. My 06 1k felt like i was going to die i was being blown around so much. I'd let go the throttle if i had more brains.

liter bikes are not made for long high speeds and get a little scetchy.

liter bikes are not made for long high speeds and get a little scetchy.

Sure they are, all they are is a race bike with a passenger seat/pegs and lights. The Busa is made for the street, and to be comfortable at that.
1k's handle just fine topped out, you just really notice that you have alot less protection from the wind when compared to the Busa.

My 2003 GSXR 1K was hitting 155-165 (verified by GPS) every lap in Spokane and 150ish in Seattle last year. No highspeed drama here. The Busa is a more stable bike at speed undeniably but my liter bike stops and turns better at any speed hands down.

I've spent so much time on Gixxer 1K's that it's like putting on an old familiar coat, it just fits nicely. I enjoy my busa but I dearly love my 1K.

Like Gary says, burning speed off the 1K is much easier.

Back