What made you decide to buy the Hayabusa?

I had a honda 954 and enjoyed it by myself, but two up wasn't what that bike was about.

I rode a friends 2005 Busa and I was hooked on how well it did everything, and the wife liked the back seat much better than the 954.

I was always a big guy, and had been riding since I was little. My older cousins started getting sport bikes when I was around 12-13. My first time on a road bike was around there and it was an FZR 600. After that my cousin would let me take his 900RR out (he had a GIX 1100 that he wouldn't let me touch).

One day when I was 16 I was with a bunch of my cousins at my aunts house and one of his buddy's ride up on a tricked out 99 Busa. The guy was maybe early 30's wearing a rough rider vest. I was drooling over this thing, and he could tell. He said that was his "grocery getter" and his real ride was a turbo gix 1000. He turned to my cousin and asked, "can he ride?" My cousin just smiled. He then threw me the key and told me to grab my lid. He took the 900 and let me take the Busa. At first, wasn't to impressed... Then we hit the on ramp to the highway and I opened it up. It was the first bike that truly scared the living hell out of me. I never had so much fun and respect for a machine before. Ever since then I dreamed of having one of my own.

That's why I am here now. :-)

coming off an R1, I wanted something my wife would ride but that would still move. I really didn't like the looks at first, but the bike won me over with how well it performs. Probably the best street bike I have had yet.

Felt the need for speed after ridin' slow ass Harleys for 30 years,been on a Busa(now my 3rd)for the last 11 years and never looked back.:laugh:

I didn't want to buy a starter bike, then a "get used to riding" bike, and after that a Busa. I just went all out and got it. I always wanted one because the smaller bike are challenged all of the time. When you are on a Busa, the racer kids back down and just admire.

Back