What made you decide to buy the Hayabusa?

ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpe

For me I wanted a bike that didn't apologize for being a brute. The bike looks muscular, runs like crazy and the seating position is right between comfort and "let's go to jail". I have come to realize that it is a very skillfully engineered do it all motorcycle, maybe the best ever made. The ZX14R might be faster now, but it ain't got over a decade looking down on the motorcycle world from it's thrown behind it. I'm not a show off nor do I have to be the fastest guy on the street, it's just nice to know i can be :laugh:

Rode a friend's '08, fell in love. Bought a used 2001, fell deeper in love. Traded up to a pampered 2005, fell even deeper in love. Currently drooling over a low-miler 2011 recently traded in at a shop nearby, worried that I don't have enough love to give a third 'Busa! :inlove:

I have plenty of lust to give, however... :laugh:

potiental to go faster then any other bike out there was my reason. also the numerous available aftermarket parts offered and readily available. after owning Grand Natioanls for 15 years it was nice to own something that I could actually find parts for if I needed them.:whistle:

Because the Gen II was the most beautiful thing i had ever laid my eyes on and it fit me like a glove at 6' 4". also that it was one of the fastest things on the road helped as well:laugh:

1st bike at 19 was a 1983 suzuki GR650
http://www.radiorecordhop.com/Images/BikeCleaned.JPG
it was a dump, and i quickly learned how to be a mechanic and tune carbs from FSM's. by the end of the first rough year i had rebuilt the top end of the engine and cleaned/tuned the carbs many times. i ended up getting it "useable" and sold it for cheap.

2nd bike at 20 i had my second bike. 1999 suzuki katana 750 881 miles. i owned this bike for 2 years. made a trip to Deals Gap on it. put a little over 16k on it. i modded the hell out of this with every sensible power mod i could. (advancer, jetkit, +1 Sprocket, GSXR cams, exhaust, ect.ect.)

always wanted a busa, and REALLY wanted the power of one and the FI perk, and got tired of trying to mod something to an unattainable state.

and here i sit!

Ive had alot of street bikes and alot of dirt bikes, hell I still have alot of street and dirt bikes. I found myself with a 67 Shovelhead rigid and thought that a long distance bike would fit me better. I also have a modded GS1100E so the fact that a Busa can have bags and fitted like a touring bike with the power Im used to with the GS it was a no brainer.

I had an '89 Katana, and when the Busa came out it was compared to it because of the fairing's "shrink-wrap" styling. I liked it. When the writers tried to make fun of it, they had to admit it was unbelievably :crowbar: powerful and fast. Life being what is is - I finally got to buy a 2007 model. Whew it was fast!! A woman driving a Saturn SUV made a U-turn in front of me and totaled the '07, (almost totaled me too). I got this black 2012 - it's even faster and more uncivilized!! :race:

After riding a buddies 05. I had to have one the power, the looks and all around feel of the bike was great. So 2 days later went to Limestone NY and picked up an 06. 22 hours up and back in one day in the pouring down rain the whole way with my 15 month old twin boys and the wife. Best decision I ever made. I liked it so much I bought a 2011 last year.

E Zurcher. What part of Abq. are you from? I used to live in Rio Rancho. Went to Cibola high school.

I'm not from here but I retired here. I live in Rio Rancho in Enchanted Hills. Love it here in ABQ. Spend a lot of time riding in Jemez, The northern mountains and Tijeras canyon. I can be on Highway 4 in about 15 minutes:laugh:

Wanted something to ride 2 up on and the Busa was the most economical choice of all the bikes we looked at. An FJR would have been the bike we bought but at the time they were going for 3-4 grand more than we paid.

Also I like having my feet under me and better brakes than most if not all cruisers.

For me, the first time I saw one, it was art on wheels to me. Had no idea about the speed. I asked if I could sit on it. I did. I'm 6'6" and the bike was big enough to fit me compared to any sport bike out there. So I began to warm up to finding one. Several months later I found my Copper and it was love at first sight.

Then I learned about the speed facts for the bike. I wasn't buying it for that, but it became a matter of fact that I also began to enjoy. I use my bike for more touring than tracking, but I can throw some bags on, tour up to the mountains, take the bags off, and carve the mountains in sport bike mode.

It's the best all around bike I have ever owned.

Always wanted one, but mostly rode with cruiser and tourer buddies and the price was never right when I looked. That, and I thought maybe I'd enjoy a smaller bike for the twisties and keep the cruiser for longer hauls. I had just paid off a cruiser and a guy at work rolled up on his barely-ridden '07 just before Memorial Day weekend in '10. We started talking and he told me he was thinking of selling it and the price was fair. I put a check in his hand the next day and have lived happily ever after so far.

46, felt like doing something for me. Was actually looking at high performance cars and settled on the Busa. 1/6 the price and better numbers :laugh:

Unlike many of you, I had pretty much walked away from two wheels when I sold my ZX11 and moved on with life in the mid 90's. Several months ago, on a lark, I walked into a local used bike shop on a whim 'cuz I had an hour or so to burn and it was love at first sight. I was generally aware of the status of the Hayabusa as a fast bike, but I had no idea what that meant. I left the shop without the bike, but my cravings just intensified.

My Brother has a Sprint GT and since I hadn't been on a bike for years, I borrowed his bike and knocked some of the rust off my skills and re-awoke to what I had been missing over the past decade and a half. The next weekend I showed up at the dealer with cash in hand and walked out with my new ride. As an earlier poster mentioned, I didn't really understand what I had done until I joined this forum and started learning from everyone here. I hope that as time goes on I can contribute even a small percentage of what I have gained here.

Anyway, fast forward 4 months and almost 5500 mi, and I could not be more pleased.

I was riding a 2011 Triumph Speed Triple when my buddy bought his 05 Busa. Thinking that the Hayabusa looked too fat, kinda ugly, and it probably didn't corner that amazing, I took the thing around the block. It was super smooth, way more comfortable, and a lot cheaper. Wanting to get rid of the Triumph payments, I sold that, picked up the 03 I've been pretty happy. Actually extremely impressed with how it turns with new Power Pures on and pumped a little over 40psi

Back