what made you choose your bike?i know why i chose mine.do you

Saw the bike at a 1997 bike show and sad to my friends, this looks like the bike Batman would ride!! :)

Being a big Batman fan, had to have the bike!! :)

Seriously...what's not to like about the 'Busa. As far as cornering goes...how many of you have seen competing bikes in your 'hood's that have 1 to 2 inches of unscrubbed tire in the rear?!?! :)

Many of them don't know how to corner anyhow. I have a riding buddy with an R1 and I have no problems with him in the corners and the straights are a no brainer. Scrubed my toes a few times in the corners aboard th mighty one.

Power, stability, looks and pure 100% adrenaline every time I climb aboard the 'Busa....'nuff said? :)

I saw the poster for it back in late '98 or early '99 in Montgomeryville, PA. I knew I wanted it then but I had just got married, and was saving for a house basically...no cash on hand.

A year later I had the cash, and sold another bike to put more moeny down on it. By that time I had been reading the boards and was even more hooked about it due to a lot of the comments I read. Grant the tensioner recall and the kinked fuel line popped up but in no way deterred me from buying a Busa. 2500 miles later, I'm happier than ever with my decision.

I've been telling the wife for a couple of years: "Someday the bureaucrats are gonna screw the bikes over and I want to own the last unrestricted badazz, sort of like Mad Max and the last V8 interceptor." Since my trade-in was a '97 ZX9R (awesome machine), I waited on the ZX12R, I sat on the ZX12R, I read all I could about the ZX12R; but in the end the 12R missed the mark. Even being "essentially" equal to the Busa was missing the mark IMO in light of all the pre-release "Busakiller" hype.

I started riding from scratch on a 125cc.
Went on to 250, 400, 750, 1100 and I thought that was it.... Until 1300. And all my bikes have been suzuki's except the 250. (Honda CBR)

So I guess it was just the next thing in line.

Then I rode it!!! What a pleasure.

ANYONE ELSE JUST SMILE IN DELIGHT WHILE RIDING THIS BIKE??

I bought a '98 ZX11 a year ago. The major factors were 1) Price, brand new for $7,200. 2) Comfort, 3) classic muscle bike look

I was off bikes for a couple of years (previously had a 1993 GSXr-1100) so I really hadn't read a lot about the Busa. I remember how my GSXr would leave me a cripple after 100 miles and I had heard about the ZX's riding comfort (6'3, 220 lbs). The Busa didn't appeal to me at first, the look is so radically different (now I like it). I assumed the ergonomics would be as bad, if not worse, than the GSXr so I never even looked at the Busa. Since riding a couple of Busa's I don't think it is much worse ergonomically than my 11 and the handling is far superior. I haven't really felt the power (wouldn't redline a buddy's $11,000 bike) but from what the owners tell me it's like night and day. This intrigues me as I feel my 11 has mind-blurring speed.

The intrigue is getting to me, I am thinking seriously about selling my 11 and getting a blue 2000.

Bob

I have been a speed freak for a long time and
the Busa fufills my craveing for the RUSH.A
freind of mine let me sit on his 2000 Busa an
I fell in love. I have waited for nineteen ye
ars for a ride like this,there is no need for
another.This is my last project bike for shure,a keeper!

Had a ThuderAce that I was pretty happy with. Having moved up from the 'cat the 'ace felt like a veritable power-mad bomb of a bike. Thought I could take on the world. Well, not the whole world. There was this one 'blade that I was never able to beat. Bastard managed to get away from me every time. NOt just get away, but leave me standing. :-( I never considered tuning as an option before, but looking back I guess this guy had. Anyway I wanted more muscle. I was seriously thinking of getting an R1, but was not 100% sold as having sat on one, I didn't like the riding position too much. I like riding hard, but I like my comfort too. Then I read a review where the reporter described the 'bus..... 'Imagine an 'ace, but more nimble and with 40 more horses between your legs'. I was hooked.

It is without doubt the best bike I've ever ridden. I don't mind spending the money on modifications either, 'cos I can't see me selling this fantastic machine ever.

The only thing is, I've never seen that damn 'blade again. :-)

I wanted a Nemesis too, Motorhead, but Norton have scrapped it. Rumour has it that after a bit of a legal battle, the chief designer Al Melling (A BRIT! HA!) has bought the rights to the machine and still wants to make the thing though, so we may still get lucky.

[This message has been edited by Tangram (edited 07 July 2000).]

Lockheed wouldn't sell me an F-16 (something about not having the proper export license), so I had to lower my sights to the next best thing.

Seriously, being 6'1" and just shy of 300 lbs, I wanted/needed the most powerful motorcycle I could get. Add the fact that here was a motorcycle that the engineers were obviously very proud of and had put their heart and soul into, that made no attempt to pretend it was made in Milwaukee, that thumbed its nose at being "politically correct", that broke new, controversial and to me extremely attractive styling ground, and did so at a price that was almost too good to be true, well, I simply had to have it. Remember, I'm the guy that bought my 'Busa while I could barely walk due to a blown disc in my back. It sat at the dealer for almost two months while I had surgery and recovered. When I could finally pick it up, it sat in my garage for the rest of the summer of '99 while I finished recovering; I mostly just looked at it. Gawd, is it beautful or what?! I'm very glad now that I failed to sell it earlier this summer (me thinks I didn't really try all that hard -- funny how that happened...)

-BG

[This message has been edited by BigGuy (edited 08 July 2000).]

Back