What made you decide to buy the Hayabusa?

kneedraggin636

Registered
Hi there,

I have been riding on two wheels for quite some time. I logged a lot of time in the Mesas around Rio Rancho on my friends YZ125 when I was a teenager. After I moved to Maine, I had a few friends that had motorcycles and I would occasionally take them out for a spin. Finally, in 08 I bought my 06 ZX6R. I love the bike, but it's not very comfortable for the wife and I on long treks. Given that I have a bunch of friends that are Harley buffs, I decided to rent the ONLY Harley I view as a potential purchase; the Road Glide. Yes, that's right. I went right from a 600 Ninja to a 900lb bagger. I had the Road Glide rented for a week back in early July. I took it back after two days. To save myself from a massive flame war, I'll simply say it wasn't what I had expected. End of story.

I had always heard that the Busa would serve well as a touring bike (with minor mods) but I never had the opportunity to try one out so it was pure speculation as far as I was concerned. Two weeks ago I had the 09 Hayabusa pretty much fall in my lap. Since it belonged to a friend of mine, he was happy to let me take it for a day. As soon as I rode it I was hooked. Loved the power and handling (despite it's size). I took the wife for a ride on it and she was just as impressed as I was.

I guess my decision was based on the fact that I still wanted the performance and handling of a sportbike, but ergonomics that were a little more forgiving on me and my wife. Seeing that I came from a Kawi, most people assumed I would have gone for the ZX14. I can't get past the styling myself. The new one is getting there, but the Hayabusa is more refined if you ask me.

So why did you buy the Busa? Power, Touring, the cycling equivalent of bringing a gun to a knife fight, ... ?

The Busa puts the SPORT in Sport-touring for me. That's what did it.

Love the shape & feel back in '99 when it came out. Took me a few years till '03 to finally get one. 10 years later, we've covered 10s of thousand of miles, thousands of photos, and quite a few pairs of knee-pucks burned off. More mods than I can count. Does all things well.

Still have both of them. :cheerleader:

7873224800_7423700cfd_b.jpg

6626469405_80d6246773_b.jpg

Thanks pashnit. I looked at your site quite a bit while I was waffling over my next bike. Glad I pulled the trigger on the Hayabusa though.

It looked awesome and I needed more cc's the Honda F3 was asking me to loose weight or get rid of it :laugh:

I was a Harley guy for 15 years, last one was an Electra Glide. Incredibly comfortable for long rides and touring with tons of storage. I just bought my first Busa because the reality is that long road trips are few and far between and I wanted something that was less like a mini-van and more like a Ferrari. I use the Busa to both commute daily and to enjoy with the wife on the weekends. I chose the Busa because of the power and because it has some size to it, just couldn't see spending the amount of time riding on a 750 or 1000. The Hayabusa is not only fast but it has meat on the bones, and there are a ton of after market mods available.

I am 6' 4" and it just fit right. I also consider my 09 Busa a rolling work of art. It is just flat out beautiful!

Because I find myself driving through mini-mall parking lot late at night just to see this thing blinging back in the windows... :laugh:

The hayabusa was always the bike to have for me. Size and comfort was what I needed, long trips were planned and we needed a bike that would fit the bill. I really didnt know what I had until I joined this site and I have never looked back. Pictures of my first busa, an 05 and of my now 09.

S63015201.jpg

james.jpg

I've ridden a friend's 600 and I've owned a '01 R1 for almost two years as my first bike. I bought it used in '05. The R1 fit me but I needed something that's more comfy on long rides. Sat on the Busa and that's all it took. Traded the R1 for a '07 Busa after putting 47K miles on it and couldn't be happier. With just a Corbin seat and Helibars, I can ride this thing for more than 20 hours. Not to mention the attention that she gets every time I take her out.:thumbsup:

Lovin' it!!!
0362a1755ff9f5cea423280a9b0c65a9.jpg

Power and speed. After a year and almost 23000 miles i find that my throttle housing has been turning since i am twisting more then what it has. If suzuki doesnt pull a badd azz rabbit out of the hat for 2013 i will be trading in for a ZX14R.

Back