What made you decide to buy the Hayabusa?

when I first got into sportbikes in early 2000 I saw one on the showroom floor and asked the salesman about it, not knowing anything about it he said he wouldn't even consider selling it to someone with no street experience. Hahaha as soon as he said that I was hooked and told myself someday I would have one.... IN 08 I bought a brand new one LOL:laugh:

I bought my 2012 because I loved my 2000 so much. ???

:laugh:
I bought my 2000 because it doesn't even notice when my wife hops on the back.
I moved from a Katana 750 with an 880 big bore and cams. It noticed the wife.

I am a mod-a-holic and the big bird has infinite possibilities.

Mine is an 02, when this bike came out it was the baddest bike on the planet.nuff said

121.jpg

I have a need for hp . First bike was a 500cc,I lasted about 3 weeks and 1k miles before I couldn't stand the lack of power . Stepped up to a Superhawk . Nice bike racked up 13k,just not very comfy even after helibars . Also it had 2 (in my opinion) HUGE drawbacks . Puny fuel tank that had me filling up evry 100 miles and it was carbuerated . Elevations over 10,000 feet were nerve wracking . I decided I wanted to step up to FI bike that would be comfortable for my height(6'2") with a good size fuel tank and more power than I would ever need . Got my first 'Busa,just paid off my 2nd and between them I've racked up @ 40k of heaven . I don't care if Suzuki never intro's a GenIII and care even less what other bikes come out . I can rack up 300+ miles a day,and I never tire of looking at her or riding her . I do however tire of the endless "How fast have you gone on it?" A 'Busa is so much more than speed .

I actually found the worm in the bottom of a tequila bottle. I woke up in Miami married to a hooker. There happen to be a Suzuki dealer a block away and I bought a busa in order to make a fast getaway! :shocked:

for me, the unique look is one of the biggest reasons.. just look at one riding on the streets and you know what i am talking about.. muscular looking, powerful and fast..
i have had 6 of them in the past.. that should say all about this amazing bike.

Wife said she was ready for more power than her 600. She wanted 1000 but didn't want 2 bikes looking same, soooo she look the leap and bought her 11' Busa...

That love it or hate it look and the raw power it posses....I'm a lil guy and people think I should be riding 600s but anything other than a Busa feels small to me....

I first laid my eyes on the Busa in 2000. From that moment I wanted it....... I waited and waited and waited. Finally 13 years later, I have it :banana:

I always lusted after the bKing. The looks just did it for me. This was after my brother in law took me out through the mountains on his ktm 990 sm. i was hooked on bikes then. Got home from my holiday and booked my licence. Started looking at bikes and saw the King. The engine and numbers were just a bonus but a much appreciated one!
The BKing forum members warned me against such a bike with no experience so I decided to leave it for a few years. Started looking for a smaller bike right away and found the gsr600 aka baby king. 600gsxr motor. Such a cheap, basic but unrated bike. Had it for 2.5 years before tearily saying good bye to it after 30000 miles. The sweetener was that I had bought the bking 2 months earlier and was waiting for it to warm up outside before taking it out.
Needless to say. 1000s spent on it modding it and 10k miles since feb this year.

Great bike! Turned heads EVERYWHERE... Oh, and it's FAST!

I'm 5'6" and 155 lbs, so I occasionally get flack for riding the Busa rather than a 1000. I've never really cared for the looks of the Busa, but being in my 40's I wanted something that was built for Autobahn-style riding. I was almost 2 years into riding a Bandit 1200S at the time, so I traded it for my 07. Because of my size, I sometimes get tired of pushing a heavy bike around the garage, so I would love to take a 1000 for the weekend to compare. An S1000RR would fit the bill perfectly :thumbsup:.

Had a zx-11 and wanted more . In between I had the 99 R1, a great bike. When I had a chance to have a good deal on a 2001, I grabbed it.

Years later, I found a really trick 99 and it was a no brainer , had 15K in upgrades.

Torque rules on the street, shifting is for *******...

BB

Bought a couple 2008 GSXR1000's in '08 (one was stolen :tantrum: ) and just didn't care for the Busa styling. Then, all of a sudden I LOVED the styling. Started riding a buddy's '08 Busa quite regularly and realized: it was MUCH smoother, more comfortable, more powerful, had a better overall feel and looked great. Complete 180 and been hooked since.
My wife's reasons: no longer floating above me on a pinhead seat and they make a sissy bar that I can put on the back for her.:thumbs:
Win! Win!:thumbsup:

Years ago...In their review of the Suzuki Hayabusa?....Motorcyclist Magazine said something like....

"so if you're a addicted to adrenaline pumping performance?...whether you have to take out a 2nd mortgage or sell the family farm don't go to your grave without having rode Suzuki's mighty Hayabusa."

yep...that's what did it for me....knew I had to have one...and rode it for 8 short, fast years until I spent my last drop of adrenaline...and then some. ;)

i bought a left over in 02' because i saw a blue/black combo at the ozzfest in hartford and fell in love. rode that pig for a happy 7years with 30k and upgraded to the 09' for a crated 08'. my personal experience with these machines has been great and when i think there is something better out there, i revert back to my girl.:bowdown:

I am 6'6" I had a 750 and looked like a bear riding a bike in the circus. So my wife bought me one. She never rode on back if the 750 but loves riding on back of the Busa. I even got her a bike once but she would rather ride with me.

Back