What is your profession ?

Reactions: c10
Worked for two different Unistrut branches as an installer(overhead supports for X-ray,exam lights,etc.Mostly hospitals and clinics) from 1990 to 2009 first in B'ham Alabama and in Charlotte,N.C. Took off 3 years-02 thru 04 due to just being burned out.
In 04 I did a 9 month stint as a Harley test rider @ TTF. Late 70's til the oil bust in 83 I worked for Mckellar Services on a completion rig.
20200812_200117.jpg
20160928_133936.jpg

I'm the K-12th grade Art teacher in Winter, WI population 260 (or something like that). It's real laid back pretty much of the time. No one around for 30 miles in any direction and I like that.
The town of winter drove me nuts lol you all love sticking with the times up there but damn good fishing. Serious question tho there used to be a little restraunt a couple years ago a truck on fire hit it. Head east on the hwy into town at gasstation hang a right and its a couple blocks up on the left lol sorry dont remember name either way had a job up there remodeling a cabin ate there every day loved the place

Was a small city cop for 5yrs. Work was great, but inner politics and legal system were whack. Fired in 2019 for pursuing a druggie on a motorcycle because it violated the "no-pursuit" policy that we never followed. Still have my certification for 3 more years, but being a LEO as a career is rapidly going downhill nowadays.

Got a job around this time last year with a company that is contracted out to do probation paperwork at a juvenile jail. I don't have to deal with the kids, just pushin papers:thumbsup: Became supervisor of our VERY small group in June. Job is stupid easy...watch youtube, fill out 5-10 forms whenever a kid is arrested, scan, and E-mail them out.
I'll stay here another year and then probably kick it if I can decide what to do next. We are constantly short-staffed, no benefits, insurance, retirement, paid leave, etc...just hourly employees with tons of OT! I've been consistently working 100+ hours a week.

Back