I too will not
Devote anymore
Of my time to this
Thread I voiced my
Thoughts . . .

:moon:

#Do2deeds ~ #emwdRetiRed ~ #RetirementSavings ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
I get tired of this subject because people don't realize the facts and they argue it based on the propaganda they are victims of.

We already pay for healthcare for everyone in this country, legal or otherwise. Hospitals are prevented by law from turning away patients - they serve anyone who shows up at their door. We develop[ meds, give them to companies and then the charge us more than Canadians for the meds we created? We pay insurance companies a fortune when the government administers healthcare for a fraction of that cost. So the fact is, Medicare for all will get people into a cheaper cost model as opposed to running to the emergency room for a cold. It would stop letting insurance companies loot us and take the profit motive out of administering healthcare. And finally limit the profits on medicines to 10%. These are all totally rational moves that would stabilize the system almost immediately. How stupid is it to keep parroting "I don't want no socialize medicine" while year after year threaten to destabilize the mortgage industry and the economy in general?

Mexicans are not pouring into this country. Illegal immigration is going down as a trend, not up. Further, all facts show we need immigrant labor and they are a net asset to the US economy. That's why businesses continue to depend on them. The people at the border are refuges. They are running killer gangs in their native lands. Gangs who are flourishing because of the US pulling back cash and military support to small overwhelmed governments who sell out their country to save their lives and the lives of their families. BTW, these people are coming to existing ports of entry, not sneaking across the line so a fence is not a solution (sorry, fact).

What is taking your jobs are machines. It's going to get worse, much worse. Those sci-fi movies are not fiction, they are documentaries of a robot industry that is waiting for the political environment that allows them to replace you. Soon computers will take over white collar jobs and your company is foaming at the mouth to cut large numbers of very expensive staff in favor of machines. The truth is in less than 20 years, there will be little need for human labor. These are huge redefining changes few are prepared for or even have a clue of what to do about them.

Yes rich pay a lot in income taxes but that's a small part of the story. First, filthy people don't pay income taxes. The take $1 salaries and make their income from capital gains. That's why capital gains are only taxed at 15%. The rich spend about 1% of their income on living expenses, we spend 70%+ So average people spend nearly all of their money drive the economy. So we are putting the money into the hands of the rich and in return we are on your own to retire and for healthcare.

So if you are angry about welfare, minorities, women, or immigrants you've been punked. The rich are stealing your future and like a magician getting you go for their misdirection while they do it.
Sorry guys typing sucks. I did not mean the refuges were drug gangs, they are fleeing drug gangs.

I have very mixed feelings about these type stories. On the one hand, you want to find a reason that they simply didn't live smartly enough. On the other hand, not everyone can be assured that they know how long they will live and how much they will need. Nor that the Corp they worked for will pay out a pension that was planned.

I may not have enough to retire on. And I consider myself a planner. I watched my dad scrimp and save his whole life. Never living bad, but certainly not a life of splurging. Now I take care of mom on what he left behind for her. At 92 I can only say I have enough to know that as long as nothing catastrophic happens, I can likely get her through to the end. But one broken hip, and life as we know it will be a lot more difficult to figure out how long that would go.

I worked for an Aerospace Co for 12 years. At that time, I was what is called a "legacy" employee. My retirement was going to be made up of a pension, a 401K payout, and healthcare benefits. Didn't seem like that big a deal when you leave at 40. Not really caring what happened in 25 years. Then they sell off to a new company and the new company waits until I'm 55 and sends a letter that says, we can't afford your plan so instead here's pennies on the dollar in a lump sum. Totally legal. So rather than sulk I got back in the saddle and started working again. But NOTHING will offer me the type package I had planned on getting.

So people get stuck in this ladies story by doing nothing but the right thing. We can't all have jobs that pay into our retirement plan. SS was never supposed to be what we were to live on solely. Not everyone can make the 6 figure incomes that leaves room to invest for a future. Someone has to do the jobs she gladly did her whole life.

I actually think a plan that instead of putting it into the SS system, the govt should place that tax into like a stock indexed fund or some other growth vehicle. Like it or not the stock market has provided the highest gains overall despite its ups and downs. The same ups and downs that the 401Ks suffer. But all better than sitting there gaining ZERO gains and getting raided to pay for anything but peoples retirements.

You can argue that we should force lower house prices or controlled rents. But if you do that, you now affect MY retirement because that is what goes into part of my plans to not be like the woman above.

This like many of our other social problems isn't a black and white logic.
This was always kinda how I thought SS should work. It should be invested into low risk slow gain stocks. It’s using OUR money to reinvest in OUR businesses to increase OUR savings. It’s win win win. But instead the money they said we weren’t responsible enough to save ourselves.... they started dipping into and spending. And now it’s running out.

For me its a simple formula. We are spending more than we are making as a country. And just like a family in debt with bills to pay, we begin to cut back. Then we decide we don't need cable. Don't need Starbucks, don't need a motorcycle...

Back