Do you love your job?

Do you love your job? - Seeing if my dad was close :)

• Yes

Votes: 86 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
When I was at a major turning point in my life trying to figure out what to do for work when I got out of the Corps. My dad told me if I could find a job that I enjoyed doing and get paid for it, I would be ahead of 95% of people on this planet.

I am not talking about if you tolerate your job, I am talking that you still enjoy going to work every day, even after 10 years, 15 years etc.

If you just tolerate your job or worse, then choose no, you dont love your job.

But if you wake up just about everyday and enjoy going to work, enjoy doing what you do and and some times thinking getting paid is kind of icing on the cake. then choose yes, you love your job.

I still love my job even after 20 years and all the deployments.!

What's not to love about pulling a two mile long, 11k ton hunk of iron at 55 mph?
wink.gif

I love what I do and it's even better that I get paid to do it. I think I would rather have Rhythm's job though
SHOCKED.gif

(Fate @ Jan. 08 2007,10:10) I love what I do and it's even better that I get paid to do it. I think I would rather have Rhythm's job though  
SHOCKED.gif
You want to pimp man hoes?

If you love what you do, you will never work another day in your life.

(Gunnybusa @ Jan. 08 2007,10:16)
(Fate @ Jan. 08 2007,10:10) I love what I do and it's even better that I get paid to do it. I think I would rather have Rhythm's job though  
SHOCKED.gif
If so......, then get with Gunny, he's the man in that Dept.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

It took me a bunch of extra years in college, and a lot of pain and suffering. Not to mention it's cost me hundreds of Thousands of dollars. But I would not go back to Mechanical Engineering for nothing, and I don't miss it.

I was a Sophomore in college, slugging my way through a mechanical Engineering program cause that is what I thought I should do for my future. It took my Grandmother to set me straight one day while she was working on a Painting in her studio.

She Said "Why are you working to be an engineer when you are not enjoying it?" I said " I want to make money and get a good job." Her response was that a good job is one that doesn't feel like a job, that you look forward to going to.

She told me to "Do what you enjoy doing, then figure out how to get paid to do it." The next semester I quit engineering like a bad habit, changed my Major to Fine Art, and started taking metal smithing classes. Has been a great decision if not an initially lucrative one. So The Graphics thing wasn't my first choice, but it's allowed me to do what I love for a living and what more could I ask for. Now I do quite well financially, I'm the "Art Director" for a large Multi-Dealership operation, I photograph bikini models, I photograph bikes, I create ads, and I basically get paid to do what I love to do. Good Times.

No more of the "Damn I gotta go to work tomorrow", it's something I look forward to.

Very glad that Grandma nudged me in the right direction.

(Rhythm @ Jan. 08 2007,10:25)
(Gunnybusa @ Jan. 08 2007,10:16)
I love what I do and it's even better that I get paid to do it. I think I would rather have Rhythm's job though  
SHOCKED.gif
If so......, then get with Gunny, he's the man in that Dept.    quote]
I could always use some new meat in the stable  
firedevil.gif

Nope, not digging my current employment status. It will be changed though this fall. Going to partake in becoming a MMI student.

I'm "THIS CLOSE" to throwing in the towel and looking for a totally different career. I work in computers at a dot com and the stress is just stupid silly - for no reason, no payoff

I am happy with what I do, but it is not what I have always wanted to do.

(WWJD @ Jan. 08 2007,11:01) I'm "THIS CLOSE" to throwing in the towel and looking for a totally different career. I work in computers at a dot com and the stress is just stupid silly - for no reason, no payoff
Washington is Beautiful as I have mentioned before and there are still positions for experienced IT. Great riding Great Weather.

Lots of Twisties...

I am with Rev.

I went to school, have a degree and I do not even work in the field my degree is in.

I work at as an Assistant Parts Manager in a 4 line dealer.

My duties include running our website and wholesale opperation. I am surrounded by my motorcycling passion.

Back