Do you love your job?

Do you love your job? - Seeing if my dad was close :)

• Yes

Votes: 86 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
(Rhythm @ Jan. 08 2007,12:59) Pimpn aint Eazy, but somebody has to do it.  
biggrin.gif
I thought U made dough nuts ?
laugh.gif

A Fiberglass factory ........just imagine the itchyness ! Do I love my job.........
laugh.gif
crazy.gif

laugh.gif

I wouldn't do what I do if I didn't. Pay sux. Deal with people who can't be dealt with.

Working with industrial chemicals was not a career choice, I only stay because of the pay and partial benefits thanks to the Union.

i can honestly say that i lucked out! my job is like a 2nd family and i can't picture doing anything else.

SHOCKED.gif
 Exotic Places,  Strange People showing their love
guns.gif
 for each other, Exotic Food  
lurk.gif

Yea, I LOVE IT  
jump9.gif

I always say if you don't like your job why do it? My job may be boring at times, but hey... work 3 days a week (12hrs) and get paid like I work all the time, have about 30 days of vac/pa/holiday time to take off, out of the weather (aircraft mech before this), have access to internet when real slow, and hang with about 20 others who get just as bored as me and love to joke around. Can't say I love it, but I likes it alot!!!

Ok...so here it is.

I love being a Marine. I love doing my small minute part
in the defense and support of this great nation. Being a
Marine is awesome.....

On the other hand......I'm VERY ready to turn the page and end this Chapter of my book. I'm really tired.
I'm tired of seeing my children cry when I deploy for 6-9 months. I'm tired of not owning a home and knowing that I can live there forever if I choose. I hate to bring money up in this rant......cause Lord knows I do not do it for the money!!!! I'm tired of living paycheck to paycheck. I hate stretching "nothing" into barely "something."

I retire in about 30 months. After 20 years, I'm ready. I feel like I did my part. I gave a huge part of my life to my Country and for that I feel satisfied. I'm ready to settle down. Like I said....I love the Corps....

But I'm tired!

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 08 2007,14:08) Ok...so here it is.

I love being a Marine.  I love doing my small minute part
in the defense and support of this great nation.  Being a
Marine is awesome.....

On the other hand......I'm VERY ready to turn the page and end this Chapter of my book.  I'm really tired.  
I'm tired of seeing my children cry when I deploy for 6-9 months. I'm tired of not owning a home and knowing that I can live there forever if I choose.  I hate to bring money up in this rant......cause Lord knows I do not do it for the money!!!!  I'm tired of living paycheck to paycheck.  I hate stretching "nothing" into barely "something."

I retire in about 30 months.  After 20 years, I'm ready.  I feel like I did my part.  I gave a huge part of my life to my Country and for that I feel satisfied.  I'm ready to settle down.  Like I said....I love the Corps....

But I'm tired!
143 days left for me but who's counting?

(Gunnybusa @ Jan. 08 2007,14:10)

Marine is awesome.....

On the other hand......I'm VERY ready to turn the page and end this Chapter of my book.  I'm really tired.  
I'm tired of seeing my children cry when I deploy for 6-9 months. I'm tired of not owning a home and knowing that I can live there forever if I choose.  I hate to bring money up in this rant......cause Lord knows I do not do it for the money!!!!  I'm tired of living paycheck to paycheck.  I hate stretching "nothing" into barely "something."

I retire in about 30 months.  After 20 years, I'm ready.  I feel like I did my part.  I gave a huge part of my life to my Country and for that I feel satisfied.  I'm ready to settle down.  Like I said....I love the Corps....

But I'm tired!
143 days left for me but who's counting?
I am!!!!
wink.gif

(Warputer @ Jan. 08 2007,12:38)
(Rhythm @ Jan. 08 2007,12:59) Pimpn aint Eazy, but somebody has to do it.  
biggrin.gif
I thought U made dough nuts ?  
laugh.gif

A Fiberglass factory ........just imagine the itchyness ! Do I love my job.........
laugh.gif

crazy.gif
Doughnut King by day and Pimp Daddy @ night
poke.gif

laugh.gif

Marine is awesome.....

But I'm tired!

Hey DD, the next chapter will be even better, trust me ! I did my four and half years in the canoe club(Navy) and never lQQKed back. I met alot of good people, made a alot good memories and experienced things I wouldn't have as a civilian.
I'm  enjoying my life even more now but this probably wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for the four and half years I served my country .
Good luck on you next chapter in life and I hope you have a smooth transition from the Military to civilian life.

TY
race.gif

Thanks Ty.....

Best thing about it......I'll only be 37 y/o and retired after 20 years of service. Plenty of time to start a career, huh?

love my job master plumber helping, people doing problem solveing. like i say love the work , but i do not like where i do it, and for right now i`m stuck. butt looking for the next chapter. same career, diffrent location
super.gif

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 08 2007,14:29) Thanks Ty.....

Best thing about it......I'll only be 37 y/o and retired after 20 years of service.  Plenty of time to start a career, huh?
No worries shipmate, it just another challenge you have to tackle head on but this time without a safety. So plan, plan and plan and save, save and save (invest) before you make a move in any direction before and after you make the transition to the crab world.

beerchug.gif
Can Do !!!

(ranman @ Jan. 08 2007,14:44) love my job master plumber helping, people doing problem solveing. like i say love the work , but i do not like where i do it, and for right now i`m stuck. butt looking for the next chapter. same career, diffrent location
super.gif
The ole plumber saying.... my shid and piss is your (his)bread and water.
wink.gif

Burnin' Kerosene in the big fans is always what I have wanted to do. 20 years flying for a living. I just could not imagine working for a living. 56 countries in the past 8 years.

Yes I love my job.
super.gif

Only job I loved waking up to go to was bartending.

I plan to get back to that this year.
all_coholic.gif
beerchug.gif

I HATE my current job.... I loved (passionately loved I might add) my old job, I was a fire investigator and special rescue Chief, before that I was a patrol officer on the PD (long story on the transition) but there just wasnt enough money to put my kids through college and my wife deserves more than I could ever give her... Had to give up the job I enjoyed to go to the money.... Im working on a way to become a full time webmaster for a motorcycle website, I will let you guys know how that one turns out....
SHOCKED.gif

There is the adage, do what you love and the rest will come... OR Do something that pays you enough to make sacrafice worth it!

Back