What is wrong with people - II

MikesGSX1300RK9

Registered
Driving home to FL yesterday, I just about went nuts. Have been stewing about this for awhile... but why do people believe it is appropriate to come within two feet of the car ahead, before changing lanes, when passing? This is not safe, and it is not like there isn't plenty of room...

Have people become this disrespectful of other people's space? Of safety? Folks like this oughta have their butts kicked... I just don't understand why it is necessary to come so close to other cars on the road... :banghead:

I know what you mean. Riding on the interstate is like racing at Daytona. You try to keep one eye on where you're going and the other eye on who is running you down from behind.

Are you saying people do this to you on the bike? If so, why are people passing you????? If you are talking about in a car, I can understand your anger.... but on the bike, if people are passing you in cars, you are going too slow.

My guess is they want to give the fast lane blockers/police a little how's your father as they pass... :laugh:

I know what you mean. Riding on the interstate is like racing at Daytona. You try to keep one eye on where you're going and the other eye on who is running you down from behind.

Not wrong!

I'm an Aussie, and I have driven a fair bit in the states, and wow do some people tailgate....crazy!

On a more general note, the BIG difference I have found driving in the states is that the cops don't seem to be so obsessed with speed enforcement like they are in Australia.

If the limit on the interstate is 65, everyone sits at 80.

If you did that in Australia, you would be fined for sure...at least $250!

and whats better is when they just get past you they cut back infront of you as soon as they pass the nose of your car and slow down...:moon:

Peeps seem to have a herd mentality, feel that safety is an entitlement, bites them in the AZZ when the fog hits...

Too many wannabee NASCAR drivers behind the wheel of the cages these days! Too distracted by phones, job, etc....

Nope, not in left lane. Doing the speed limit... grin. Doesn't matter if I'm on the bike or in the car. Maybe I should drive the Dodge dually for awhile. Its rear bumper can take some abuse, if anyone dares approach too closely.

Back