What happened with my clutch???

Still the same issue tonight..:banghead:

I go out to start my bike. Put my gear on, temp is about 1/4 way up, pull the clutch in.........click it down into first..... lundges forward,,,, stall. start it back up... and now I click it down and ))))CLUNK(((( ride tonight the first 25 minutes of riding the clutch has a delay meaning.... I pull the clutch in and I get about a second delay before the clutch disengauges..:banghead: WHAT in the hell is going on?? No one ever expierenced this?

Check your chain tightness. It might be too tight not allowing it to disengage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any chance the slave cylider may have cracked when the bike fell on its left side?

+1

That's what I meant, not the master cylinder. The actual plunger on the left side that goes in the block and releases the clutch.

I had something similar happen on my 01 BUSA when bike fellow off the stand. Bike rode fine for weeks and then the small crack developed into something bigger. The clutch wouldn't disengage right and I constantly had to stop on the side of the road to bleed it. #24 check it out, sounds like the same issue.... Ronayers.com Microfiche Suzuki>Motorcycle>2008>GSX1300R>CLUTCH

Now thats some great technical advice:beerchug:
Now you got me thinking...... I dont know the busa layout very well yet since I have only changed oil.

Ok with the hydraulic clutch assembly... Are there any hard steel lines from the master cylinder down to the slave cylinder? I know a hose comes off the master cylinder, does it turn in to a steel line as its routed down to the slave cylinder? I am thinking that they may have either crimped a line if there is one, or routed the hose to where it may have a kink in the hose. This makes sense.... If the fluid isnt flowing properly it will cause this issue. Perfect sense... worst when its cold... the fluid is a lil thicker when its cold...

Guess I need to pull the left panel off and inspect...

Hard lines... hoses... I will check the chain tightness, they also didnt align the wheel up properly when changing the rear tire. Service manager asked what can I do to make it right... I told him honestly you cant your mechanics suck and arent very precise, I am affriad to bring it back and let it leave my eyes if it ever were to go into your possesion again!!

Ronayers.com Microfiche Suzuki>Motorcycle>2008>GSX1300R>CLUTCH HOSE

Ok, I am betting that the Dumb Azz Mechanic bent the clutch line #13 when installing the body work or didnt route it properly. Man if this is the case ..... Grrrrrrrrr!!! I will find out when I have time to pull the side fairing off and inspect.

I wouldn't assume something like that until you actually work on the bike. Seems like you've just been riding it knowing there's an obvious problem. Just saying...

+1

That's what I meant, not the master cylinder. The actual plunger on the left side that goes in the block and releases the clutch.

I had something similar happen on my 01 BUSA when bike fellow off the stand. Bike rode fine for weeks and then the small crack developed into something bigger. The clutch wouldn't disengage right and I constantly had to stop on the side of the road to bleed it. #24 check it out, sounds like the same issue.... Ronayers.com Microfiche Suzuki>Motorcycle>2008>GSX1300R>CLUTCH
Exactly my train of thought:beerchug:

Ronayers.com Microfiche Suzuki>Motorcycle>2008>GSX1300R>CLUTCH HOSE

Ok, I am betting that the Dumb Azz Mechanic bent the clutch line #13 when installing the body work or didnt route it properly. Man if this is the case ..... Grrrrrrrrr!!! I will find out when I have time to pull the side fairing off and inspect.

Not likely, there isn't enough slack in the line to bend, twist or reroute it from stock. My guess is the slave cylinder or a fitting was damaged in the tip over. The mechanic just replaced the fairings and didn't check for any other damage.....

The bike was ridden after the tip over with no clutch issues. The clutch issue started after I picked the bike up from having the front cowl, and left side fairings replaced along with a full exhaust system and rear tire.
Posted via Mobile Device

How much flex do you have in the sprocket cover when you pull in the clutch? They crack often and can produce similar sympoms. I've been biting my tongue and thinkin' maybe it's just my "service tech paranoia" kicking in following this thread, but if it was my bike I'd be pulling that clutch pack to see if it needed to be shoved up the service managers' azzzz.

The bike was ridden after the tip over with no clutch issues. The clutch issue started after I picked the bike up from having the front cowl, and left side fairings replaced along with a full exhaust system and rear tire.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you read my post? ???

The slave cylinder can develop issues after a drop/fall. If you aren't happy with the service you received, take off the fairings and LOOK at the bike yourself. We can guess all day on potential issues, until you take it apart.....it won't be solved! ;)

It sounds like for some reason they allowed air into your clutch system. Did you have them change your front sprocket by any chance? Or did they have any other reason to mess with the clutch hydraulics? And sending a bike out half a quart low on oil doesn't bode well about the quality of work. I would be wondering what else they did to your bike.....
Sounds like air is where it shouldnt be,i try to do my own work on my bikes but sometimes i have to bring it too the dealer, new 08,500 mile ckeck (got it for free when i purchased the bike)at 2600miles i go to change the oil filter and plug seems to come undone w/little effort,go to tighten plug and it just keeps spinning,i was livid,i end up ebaying a new pan ,i dont want any second thoughts at 140mph,just like with my bike tires ,a nail,new tire,sucks when its a 300 series,took the old pan back to dealer and of course no shame,second time i had to have rectifier replaced,mechanic fails to disconnect battery,2 1/2 wait,i dont really blame the mechanic as much as i do the dealersship(stealership)nothing for nothing.

did you read my post? ???

The slave cylinder can develop issues after a drop/fall. If you aren't happy with the service you received, take off the fairings and look at the bike yourself. We can guess all day on potential issues, until you take it apart.....it won't be solved! ;)
good point

Still the same issue tonight..:banghead:

I go out to start my bike. Put my gear on, temp is about 1/4 way up, pull the clutch in.........click it down into first..... lundges forward,,,, stall. start it back up... and now I click it down and ))))CLUNK(((( ride tonight the first 25 minutes of riding the clutch has a delay meaning.... I pull the clutch in and I get about a second delay before the clutch disengauges..:banghead: WHAT in the hell is going on?? No one ever expierenced this?
i think i mentioned it in my previous post, but can you entertain the thought and spend about $15 to swap out the clutch switch relay? mine crapped out around 11k but it was an ongoing problem since 8500k. the lever wasn't making complete contact and i was getting the intermittent turnovers and occasional lunging that you describe engaging 1st. if i am wrong, than it was only $15 wasted. :whistle:

Did you say you pulled the oil cooler? If you did, you probably pulled the pressure plug that was behind the filter. PUT IT BACK IN!!! This exact problem happened to me after pulling my oil cooler and pressure plug. The clutch doesn't get enough oil and you are over heating your steels. The clutch is welding itself together from heat.

Your problem has nothing to do with your chain.

Back