What happened with my clutch???

had the same problem with my clutch drove me nuts.. Turned out it was the fluid in the clutch the new dot 4 I put in was making it work like yours... I took out the new fluid and put reg. dot 3 fluid and it got rid of the 2 sec delay in the clutch letting go after pulling it in. Now it works normal... It was not air in the line.

had the same problem with my clutch drove me nuts.. Turned out it was the fluid in the clutch the new dot 4 I put in was making it work like yours... I took out the new fluid and put reg. dot 3 fluid and it got rid of the 2 sec delay in the clutch letting go after pulling it in. Now it works normal... It was not air in the line.
interesting, because i have that 2 second delay your talking about. will the dot 3 hurt the system? i thought dot 4 was the only type fluid you could add. thanks!

Knocking on wood, the issue has cleared up for the past 5 rides:please: and hopefully its just an attituide from me taking her to the dealer. I promise Suzi I will never take you to a dealer again for work.
I will swap out the fluid if it comes back. Thanks for the advice.

interesting, because i have that 2 second delay your talking about. will the dot 3 hurt the system? i thought dot 4 was the only type fluid you could add. thanks!

Yes you can replace DOT4 with DOT3 after you completely flush the system. I wouldnt mix DOT3 with Dot4. Dot 4 just has a higher temp rating and I dont see the clutch fluid boiling as to where the brakes could.
It also has a different viscosity. I researched this years ago from a hydraulic clutch issue on a dragbike trying to make it consistent. I even went over to mineral oil with systhetic seals to help with the viscosity change with temp.

Yes you can replace DOT4 with DOT3 after you completely flush the system. I wouldnt mix DOT3 with Dot4. Dot 4 just has a higher temp rating and I dont see the clutch fluid boiling as to where the brakes could.
It also has a different viscosity. I researched this years ago from a hydraulic clutch issue on a dragbike trying to make it consistent. I even went over to mineral oil with systhetic seals to help with the viscosity change with temp.
thank you! :thumbsup:

Step one is to inspect the bike.

Look for a cracked sprocket cover, look for the brass bushing in your clutch lever. Look at the clutch line, maybe they broke it loose when they removed the front cowl (even thought they did not have to)

Next thing is to bleed the clutch.

Stop riding it until you find out what is wrong.

Step one is to inspect the bike.

Look for a cracked sprocket cover, look for the brass bushing in your clutch lever. Look at the clutch line, maybe they broke it loose when they removed the front cowl (even thought they did not have to)

Next thing is to bleed the clutch.

Stop riding it until you find out what is wrong.

He just likes to speculate and wonder what's wrong with his bike. Apparently it's not too bad because he keeps riding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take your oil fill cap off and look into the pack while pulling your clutch lever. make sure your clutch moves about 1/8 of inch and separates the pack. could be your hydraulic line needs bled or it may be kinked.

change the oil.... CHANGE THE OIL!!! END of the problem!! it will work... DOT 3 total oil change... it will not hurt a thing.... its fast and easy....

Back