Hmm,what happened here

SANDFLEA85

Registered
Riding into work this morning cruising on HW,guess about 70-75 when all of a sudden I was no longer in gear???? it wouldnt go back into gear just kept getting this symbol (-) where the gear indicator is and oil light was on??

ofcourse there was no shoulder where this happened so I pulled the clutch in and got over 4 lanes while still rolling and rolled right down the exit ramp to a parking spot that happened to be there. shut her off (could still rev engine,just wouldt find gear) had to keep shutting her off and on while down shifting through the gears to get to 1st, no other way worked.. so i start her up in N...and ride the rest of the way to work without issue...not sure why oil light was lit but it went off and stayed off after shutting her down and starting back up??

WTF just happened? Im hopeing it was just a Gremlin as Im still breaking her in 250mi(long cold winter and lots of work,no time to ride???)
anybody else ever experience that? I never have,kinda blows when it happens on the HW in rush hour traffic and nowhere to go:banghead:

It's under warranty , take it back. If the engine died, or went into some low low RPMs that or low oil would cause the indication. There's a false neutral between 5th and 6th, that's the long dash indication. You need to really kick it up in to sixth like you mean it.

I would take it to the dealer.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Sounds like false neutral , I do not understand why the oil light would come on.

Sounds like false neutral , I do not understand why the oil light would come on.

was already in 6th gear for the last 2omi or so,wasnt changing gears when it decided to jump out of gear.....fk'n weird,have never had that happen,kinda through me off for a sec,thinking what just happened.

My thinking was you didn't have it completely in sixth and it finally popped out.

It's under warranty , take it back. If the engine died, or went into some low low RPMs that or low oil would cause the indication. There's a false neutral between 5th and 6th, that's the long dash indication. You need to really kick it up in to sixth like you mean it.

I would take it to the dealer.

Good luck :thumbsup:

didnt go into a "low rpm" like a boat engine does to protect itself,could still rev it,just wouldnt go into any gear and then to have to keep "false starting" to get it down to 1 st gear,one gear at a time didnt make any sense either but it worked,no problems for the 20 mi from there to work afterwards though.I;ll just have to keep an eye on it for now,if it happens again its going to the dealer but if they cant make it happen they wont be able to fix it,will just be a waste of my time.

thanks

Back