No 2nd gear indication

Getn off

Registered
Stopped at a turn light yesterday and was stepping her down to first while stopped and clutch in obviously. Wasn't looking at the dash, as I was watching traffic. Didn't feel it go through neutral as I usually do, so I looked down to check what gear she ended up in. Blank! Gave her a gentle tap down hoping to find 1st. Still blank. Holding the front brake, i released the clutch hoping she was in neutral. Stalled. Clutch in, stated her up with clutch in and it showed 1st gear on the indicator. First time. I have seen this...on any bike.
Just a stray electron, or a known Bus issue? Anyone ever have this happen? Can I expect this again?
3100 miles. 2013. No PC, but puter was flashed about 1200 miles.
Troy
Btw, only the gear indicator was blank. Clock et al was all there.

I have had it happen when trying to shift more than one gear without moving.

^^This!

The indicator will be blank if the bike isn't completely engaged in a gear. It isn't anything to worry about, simply shift down to first before the bike stops moving to reduce occurrences to a minimum.

Picked up my 08 busa last night, and noticed this driving it home, thought I had a lemon, so good to know it's not just me. One thing I did see about the indicator is that it floats when stopped, I can see it bouncing from 0 - 1 and sometimes 0-2. Anyone else see that?

I'm new to the 2nd gen, so any tips are invited. My last one was an 03, and I learned all it's quirks, but this 08 seems like a new beast, the plastics alone scare me when it comes to servicing. the Slideshow for plastic removal thread is dead, is there any new ones out there? I'm desperately looking for all the help I can get for basic maintenance, been out of the game for 5yrs and feels like I jumped back in the deep end with this bike.

Picked up my 08 busa last night, and noticed this driving it home, thought I had a lemon, so good to know it's not just me. One thing I did see about the indicator is that it floats when stopped, I can see it bouncing from 0 - 1 and sometimes 0-2. Anyone else see that?

I'm new to the 2nd gen, so any tips are invited. My last one was an 03, and I learned all it's quirks, but this 08 seems like a new beast, the plastics alone scare me when it comes to servicing. the Slideshow for plastic removal thread is dead, is there any new ones out there? I'm desperately looking for all the help I can get for basic maintenance, been out of the game for 5yrs and feels like I jumped back in the deep end with this bike.

Take a look at this thread for fairing removal:
Hayabusa News - GENII Hayabusa fairing removal tutorial videos w/pics

Back