Has this happened to anyone?

hpeagler75

Registered
I have a Gen 2 with less than 6k miles on it and been doing my seasonal tune up on it out new oil and filter new plugs cleaned injectors cleaned fuel pump and new filter and new battery wouldn't crank replaced fuel pump and filter cranked let it warm up shut her down and tried to crank her up no go for a a min then she cranked shut her down again tried again and no go has this happened to anyone out there if so what would it be?‍♂️

Nope, this hasn't happened to me...

My issue is my bike started, ran like a freight train and then after a few kms, the FI light started flashing and eventually the bike shut down and wouldn't start....it would crank but acted like it had no spark...then out of the blue it started and ran again like a freight train with the FI light flashing and then shut down, out of the blue again it started with the FI light flashing...I got home, shut it down, restarted a few times and no FI light and it ran perfectly..

Through some on line deductions with @mabupa I figure it's the fuel pump relay and am now awaiting one to come via parcel.....

.........and it's a long wait too....

In this case, it seems more likely something either wasn't plugged in properly or a wire wasn't fastened tightly in the pump assembly..

If the bike ran fine before the maintenance was done, a quick back track through the work done should identify the fault.

I have a Gen 2 with less than 6k miles on it and been doing my seasonal tune up on it out new oil and filter new plugs cleaned injectors cleaned fuel pump and new filter and new battery wouldn't crank replaced fuel pump and filter cranked let it warm up shut her down and tried to crank her up no go for a a min then she cranked shut her down again tried again and no go has this happened to anyone out there if so what would it be?‍♂️

"Wouldn't crank" - Can you hear the fuel pump? The starter will not turn? (That is what "will not crank" means to me.) Or it cranks but will not start?

How specifically are you shutting the bike off?

Is it in neutral when trying to start it?

Are the battery connections tight?

My issue is my bike started, ran like a freight train and then after a few kms, the FI light started flashing and eventually the bike shut down and wouldn't start....it would crank but acted like it had no spark...then out of the blue it started and ran again like a freight train with the FI light flashing and then shut down, out of the blue again it started with the FI light flashing...I got home, shut it down, restarted a few times and no FI light and it ran perfectly..

Through some on line deductions with @mabupa I figure it's the fuel pump relay and am now awaiting one to come via parcel.....

In this case, it seems more likely something either wasn't plugged in properly or a wire wasn't fastened tightly in the pump assembly..

If the bike ran fine before the maintenance was done, a quick back track through the work done should identify the fault.
How long they reckon it’ll be, Bee?

mine had the issue described by bumblebee but doesn’t sound like the same issue you are having. I replaced my fuel pump relay and the prime started priming like normal and bike fired right up.
I also agree with double checking your work if she ran fine prior to this.

End of May last time I checked the shipping.....it would have been mid June from Suzuki

Thank goodness it's been cold out the last few days...makes me miss it less.

Ah, not too far away.
That’s good.
I was going to say, if it’s a long wait, the local dealer has both pump relays in stock if you wanted me to grab them and send them across.

"Wouldn't crank" - Can you hear the fuel pump? The starter will not turn? (That is what "will not crank" means to me.) Or it cranks but will not start?

How specifically are you shutting the bike off?

Is it in neutral when trying to start it?

Are the battery connections tight?
Hear fuel pump starter working cranks will not start in neutral the opposite of hiwni turn it in switch then key battery connectors tight and clean battery 2weeks old

...l the opposite of hiwni turn it in switch then key battery connectors tight and clean battery 2weeks old

Try to take a little extra time to write out your posts. This is difficult to understand. I will always hit "preview" which saves the post, and sometimes come back later on to fix my wording.

Did you use stock spark plugs?

It is spinning and the pump is working so have you yet checked that the coils are properly connected?

Back