Got bike dynoed today, fuel issue problem

badassbusaboy

Registered
Traveled 150 miles one way to get bike dyno tuned today. When he first start doing it he said there is a fuel starvation up top from 7 to 11 grand. bike is running lean. He tried adding fuel but did not help, said it could be clogged fuel filter, or bad fuel pump. BIKE HAS 22 thow on it. So when we got home it got torn down. Found very dirty fuel filter, cleaned it out, and seems better now. Anyone have a good used pump, I might as well through one in. Also before cleaning the pump filter bike had a vacuum noise to it when running, has gone away after fuel filter cleaning. Anyone else have this problem.

That sucks. At least it was an easy fix. I have started running Startron fuel additive in everything I have to try and avoid the inevitable fuel problem associated with running E10 fuel.

That sucks. At least it was an easy fix. I have started running Startron fuel additive in everything I have to try and avoid the inevitable fuel problem associated with running E10 fuel.

E10??? How is that working out for you?

E10??? How is that working out for you?

E10 is the "regular" gas nowadays. Unless you can find a station that has no ethanol this is what you are putting in your car, bike, mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no stations around me that are not at least an E10 blend. I thought it was A federal mandate now that all gasolines had to be a 10% blend or higher.

There are still a couple of stations around here that have the no e gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have two stations that I know of that advertise real gas. Also I thought that the hight test was 100% real.
I saw at a pump the other day low grade was 10%E, mid was 7% and hi was 0%E. First time I have seen that.

Back