What happened with my clutch???

Ok I have an 09 Hayabusa that I purchased new back in May. I hav3 4000 miles on the odemeter.
It went into the dealers for an insurance claim to replace the front cowl and left fairing due to a tip over off a hydraulic bike stand:banghead:
Anyways, While it was in the shop I had them put on the Akrapovic 4-2-1 full carbon system.:thumbsup:
OK here is whats going on now. I picked the bike up and started her up, let it warm up and took in the great new smell of the exhaust burning fresh packing:laugh: So I pull the clutch in and goto put it in 1st gear and she lundges forward and stalls.??? I was like damn did I have a brain fart? I goto start her up and she cranked over real slow but fired up... I clunked it back down into first and off I went. The clutch felt real grabby and not real responsive when pulling the clutch in like a pause for the clutch to fully disengauge like 1-2 seconds???
I came home and checked the oil which was a half a qaurt down I guess from pulling the oil cooler they lost some. So I figured maybe she was just cold from being in the AC. Still I have the same clutch issues tonight,
1) first starting up cold and pulling the clutch in and putting it into gear= STALL.
2) Clutch is really grabby.
3) Clutch doesnt disengauage responsivily when driving or going to downshift.
4) when warmed up doesnt seem to help?

None of these issues were expierenced until I picked up the bike from the dealer. Yes the GENII clutches are a lil touchy I know this, but my baby was always smooth and I never expierenced this clunk stall when cold.

What did the dealer do or didnt do while it was in the shop for 5 days??

Hopefully it didn't get taken to one of those dealers that have mechanics which test ride customers bikes on 1 wheel or practice their launches on them. That's why I never take a bike to a shop and leave it, if I can't do it myself or wait while it's getting done then I just use it as a trade in and ride away new. :rofl:

Sorry no help on your question though, I'm sure someone will chime in with a answer soon...???

Ohhh trust me I cant stand dealers and this is the first time I took a bike into a shop. I had no choice it was an insurance claim with a lien holder, so the check had to be made out to me and the lien holder or me and the dealer.
What a bunch of idiots though. they performed half azz work, lets put it this way, after they changed out my tire they forgot to pump up the rear brake, almost rolled out into the main street, thank god I reacted quickly.

Hopefully it didn't get taken to one of those dealers that have mechanics which test ride customers bikes on 1 wheel or practice their launches on them.
QUOTE]

Ive ridden it on the back wheel many times from 30 to 110 and its made 6 or 7 passes down the 1/8 strip so I dont think that caused it.

Hopefully it didn't get taken to one of those dealers that have mechanics which test ride customers bikes on 1 wheel or practice their launches on them.
QUOTE]

Ive ridden it on the back wheel many times from 30 to 110 and its made 6 or 7 passes down the 1/8 strip so I dont think that caused it.

Sure I have no doubt it will take it. But it makes a difference on how it's done. Do you do it like you could care less? Or like if you F it up it no skin off your back?

Sorta the same as giving the girlfriend a good ole spanking(if she likes it) or beating her azz. One will get you laid and the other will get you laid in jail. :laugh: Just depends on how it's done.

Ok I have an 09 Hayabusa that I purchased new back in May. I hav3 4000 miles on the odemeter.
It went into the dealers for an insurance claim to replace the front cowl and left fairing due to a tip over off a hydraulic bike stand:banghead:
Anyways, While it was in the shop I had them put on the Akrapovic 4-2-1 full carbon system.:thumbsup:
OK here is whats going on now. I picked the bike up and started her up, let it warm up and took in the great new smell of the exhaust burning fresh packing:laugh: So I pull the clutch in and goto put it in 1st gear and she lundges forward and stalls.??? I was like damn did I have a brain fart? I goto start her up and she cranked over real slow but fired up... I clunked it back down into first and off I went. The clutch felt real grabby and not real responsive when pulling the clutch in like a pause for the clutch to fully disengauge like 1-2 seconds???
I came home and checked the oil which was a half a qaurt down I guess from pulling the oil cooler they lost some. So I figured maybe she was just cold from being in the AC. Still I have the same clutch issues tonight,
1) first starting up cold and pulling the clutch in and putting it into gear= STALL.
2) Clutch is really grabby.
3) Clutch doesnt disengauage responsivily when driving or going to downshift.
4) when warmed up doesnt seem to help?

None of these issues were expierenced until I picked up the bike from the dealer. Yes the GENII clutches are a lil touchy I know this, but my baby was always smooth and I never expierenced this clunk stall when cold.

It sounds like for some reason they allowed air into your clutch system. Did you have them change your front sprocket by any chance? Or did they have any other reason to mess with the clutch hydraulics? And sending a bike out half a quart low on oil doesn't bode well about the quality of work. I would be wondering what else they did to your bike.....

I would take it back right away. That is not normal as you know. The clutch should be smooth as a babys bottom. There is something seriously wrong.

No reason for them to mess with the clutch. They replaced the front cowl, all of the left fairing, and replaced the stock exhaust with the Akrapovic full system. There should be no reason to mess with the clutch or hydraulic lines to the clutch I wouldnt think?

There's no reason to disconnect the lines to the oil cooler. The oil coooler's mounting bolts can be removed and it will swing forward out of the way leaving plenty of room to get the header out and the new one in(myself and countless others have done it this way on the gen2 with zero issues). If they removed them they're idiots. I'de pull a fairing and look to see if there's any traces of oil on the oil cooler fittings to point to them being disconnected. Or try to find an oil leak somewhere. We all know a half court had to go somewhere, and hopefully a new bike isn't burning it.

No, bike hasnt used a drop of oil. I put 4000 miles on her before taking her to the shop.
The clutch just has a bad delay when pulled in. Rode it more last night and it even barked the tire
on a downshift one time?
Posted via Mobile Device

did they replace your lever? if they did ,check that the little brass circle is still there, it's the piece the plunger rod goes into.

It sounds like for some reason they allowed air into your clutch system. Did you have them change your front sprocket by any chance? Or did they have any other reason to mess with the clutch hydraulics? And sending a bike out half a quart low on oil doesn't bode well about the quality of work. I would be wondering what else they did to your bike.....

This was my thought as well, I would bleed the clutch line as my first step in troubleshooting the issue.

I hav3 4000 miles on the odemeter you ride a lot! I though I was bad at 4500 since February :laugh: by the ay, don't you still have a factory warranty?

This was my thought as well, I would bleed the clutch line as my first step in troubleshooting the issue.

No. no reason to break the clutch line. Stopped by the dealer today to express my fusterations. Also noticed when they put my rear wheel back on after the tire change they didnt line the rear wheel alignment up dead nutzzz on 1 marker difference. Geeeeze I hate taking my bike to someone to work on, talk about IDIOTS :banghead: I had to due to an insurance claim.
They must have removed the oil lines cause I was over a half qaurt low on oil. DOES ANYONE take pride in the work they do??

Any ideas on the clutch? Samething I started the bike up today leaving work, let it idle as I suited up ( 2-3 mins) temp outside 95f degrees jumped on, clicked her down into 1st and ....... jumped forward.....stall:banghead:
Clutch and tranny felt stiff... HELP any Busa Masters????:please:

I feel your frustration with poor service, been there several times.
First off, you did top the oil off to proper level?
I have not had this model tore down far enough to know if this is even a possibility, so here is a thought, could a hydraulic line have been pinched when the plastics were reinstalled?
Like was suggested allready, try to bleed the system.
Good luck, let us know your fix.

PS- on a good note the new Dealer/Service Center I`m using, is showing some promise

How much damage was done when the bike fell off the lift?

Could be something wrong with the clutch master cylinder (it's on the left side), did they check any of that stuff while the fairings were off??

There is no reason to remove the oil cooler to do an exhaust change. Also the oil doesn't have to go to the very top of the sight glass. If it's a little low, it may be fine...

I would take that bike back to the dealer and tell them they jacked something up and I will be back in the morning to pick it up... FIXED.
Posted via Mobile Device

No damage to the master cylinder. I rode the bike 500 miles after the fall waiting for the Dealer to
Get the parts. This issue started after i picked the bike up. Yes i am aware how to check oil i been working
on motorcycles for over 25 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back