Dreaded Clutch knock...

@Bumblebee
and @all

general hint for a sealant

join a beemer´s (BMW) shop and order this sealant
the best sealant i ever found - promised
That packaging looks similar to some German stuff we use for and get from Stihl for their chainsaws, weed eaters and such. It's an orange color so it isn't always the best thing to use if it's an a spot that's gonna show but I usually take my time and clean up any extra that I don't want seen but I use this stuff for anything I need sealed and is the best I have ever used.

If anything the early model tuono v4s had stator(as you lads call em) problems.The only reason I could foresee removing the covers is for valve adjustments which I've done myself 1500 miles ago.
Maybe they change out the clutch for various applications...seems odd that one is a reusable gasket where all the other covers are sealant.....

It'll save the last days of your riding season, without reusing the old gasket...and will not leak.

View attachment 1642158
So I'm sure you know they make the hondabond in a high temp that i found works better then the stuff you have pictured but I found even with that I would occasionally have issues with it leaking after I sealed some valve covers or something with a lot of oil contact. My go to when possible has always been dirko and I recommend it to everyone one but like I said to @Berlin Germany it is an orange color so you have to be careful if your using it in a spot that you might not want it seen. You can usually get it at any power equipment dealer that sells Stihl equipment or if course in sure is available online. In a lot of the old high compression chain saws and chop saws and other stuff tied is what they use for the actual head/ base gasket. And since you brought up the old 250r I've got a buddy at work that has one that he had since he raced it as a kid and recently rebuilt one of his spare engines and used this and loved it because he didn't have to wait as long for it to setup like with the hondabond but at the same time that does cut down the time u have to assemble anything with it. When he broke the engine in he was ecstatic that he didn't have a single sign of any leakage .
Screenshot_20211014-210416_Google.jpg
20211014_210443.jpg

AND
As far as sealant goes
FWIW
Years ago I checked the valves on a gen2, all in spec, no suprise.
Replaced valve cover with new oem Suzuki gasket, everything clean, torqued to spec, and in sequence/pattern.
I did an 03 gsxr600 a few months ago, exact same thing...and the valve covers on Both bikes leaked oil !!!
Especially at the cam plugs, but also rear near center.
Neither gasket was installed incorrectly, pinched or damaged in Any way.
So, for both, I removed them, cleaned the new gaskets again, and applied a small amount of sealant and torqued.
I let the sealant set up overnight.
Cranked and rode the bikes, and zero leaks.
So, good luck if your bike needs the engine opened and you're against sealant, because you just might have a leak you otherwise cannot stop.
And no, each valve cover had never been off before, and was disassembled cold.
I go by service manuals and do not cut corners.
The cam half moons are supposed to have sealant added to them!

So I'm sure you know they make the hondabond in a high temp that i found works better then the stuff you have pictured but I found even with that I would occasionally have issues with it leaking after I sealed some valve covers or something with a lot of oil contact. My go to when possible has always been dirko and I recommend it to everyone one but like I said to @Berlin Germany it is an orange color so you have to be careful if your using it in a spot that you might not want it seen. You can usually get it at any power equipment dealer that sells Stihl equipment or if course in sure is available online. In a lot of the old high compression chain saws and chop saws and other stuff tied is what they use for the actual head/ base gasket. And since you brought up the old 250r I've got a buddy at work that has one that he had since he raced it as a kid and recently rebuilt one of his spare engines and used this and loved it because he didn't have to wait as long for it to setup like with the hondabond but at the same time that does cut down the time u have to assemble anything with it. When he broke the engine in he was ecstatic that he didn't have a single sign of any leakage . View attachment 1642263View attachment 1642265

Cool
Thanks
I will try that stuff.

Back