stator and clutch cover

kingbusa

Registered
I just bought an 08 busa and want to get a heads up before I change the stator and clutch cover witht he chromes one. I changed the clutch and stator cover on my 600RR before. My questions are:
1. Does the 08 busa has a gasket on the clutch and stator cover? Because my 600RR doesn't and I can just use silicon sealant by itself.
2. If it does, do I need to use the silicon sealant with the new gasket to put them back together?

Thanks in advance.

Yes they do have gaskets, and if its still new(obviously is)you shouldnt need any silicon, just be careful on removal, and reuse old gaskets. :beerchug:

Just pick up a new gasket and if the old one comes off in one piece you can reuse it with a little silicon...if it tears then you have a fresh one to do the install.

Just pick up a new gasket and if the old one comes off in one piece you can reuse it with a little silicon...if it tears then you have a fresh one to do the install.

JMHO! I WOULNDN'T PUT SILICON ANYWHERE NEAR MY CLUTCH, or motor for that matter! I've tore down ALOT of engines where the oil pick up screen was caked with this crap. I have an 08 and have removed my clutch cover twice already, reused gasket both times w/no problems......just FYI.

I would use a thin smear of silicone on the covers myself.. (why would this hurt the clutch?).. I do not like oil seepage or leaks and figure gaskets are cheap to replace if need be.. I suppose you could go without and then come back and re-do it if there was a leak.. I would not be afraid to leave out a gasket completely and use anaerobic sealant..

I will try to do without the silicon first. On my cbr there is no gasket. It only need to smear a lil but of silicone sealant and it sealed. I'm new to busa but thanks a lot for the input guys.

JMHO! I WOULNDN'T PUT SILICON ANYWHERE NEAR MY CLUTCH, or motor for that matter! I've tore down ALOT of engines where the oil pick up screen was caked with this crap. I have an 08 and have removed my clutch cover twice already, reused gasket both times w/no problems......just FYI.

Very good info:beerchug:

DIBS!

When you swap the covers out, I need the left one. I went down at Barber (ugh) and roughed it up. Mine holds oil but it'd be a nice step in the right direction to get a clean one. Let me know. I'll pm.

Back