Rattling sound in clutch basket

ANIMAL69

Registered
Can someone help me please when my 08 busa is in neutral and I start
It I hear a rattling sound but when I put it into gear the sound goes away
But when bike is off and in gear and I pull in the clutch and go to move
The bike I hear and feel like something is either knocking or rubbing I don't
Know wat this can be u guys help is greatly appreciated

Have you had the clutch recall done? The 08 needs lock tight on the clutch bolts other wise they back out and hit the clutch cover. Not a big problem unless you have been ridding in that way for a while.

Don't worry, the same exact thing happened to me earlier this week. Just trailered the bike over to Billerica and they're working on it right now. Just like majestic12 said, it's a quick fix as long as you haven't ridden it much.

My question is, since this is a Technical Service Bulletin, is this treated the same way as a recall? The TSB says "retail units". As in retail units on a dealership floor, or retail units sold to customers?? I'm not too worried as I bought the Suzuki 5 year warranty when I orginally bought the bike.

Another question...has anyone performed this repair (or had it performed professionally) and had this problem or similar problems later on??

I'm not too worried as I bought the Suzuki 5 year warranty when I orginally bought the bike.

That warranty won't cover the clutch though..

But it should be fixed under like a recall type thing. They shouldn't even question it.

Only took me 45 min start to finish . Courtesy of Gsxcite's Busa hospital.

My 09 had this happen. I did the work myself and if I can do it anybody can do it. I took the clutch cover off and found that all the bolts were loose. Three were really loose. I took them all out and separated them. The top bolts screw into the bottom bolts. I used red lock tight on the bottom and blue on the top and cranked them down to speck. I used blue on the top so in the future when I change out my clutch they'll come out easier. Put it back together, added some new oil and she ran like a champ.
I wasn't so lucky with my 01 Busa. I had one bolt come completely out, lock up my back wheel, and about wreck me. This happened down on Hwy 1 just south of Leggett, Ca. on my way to Laguna. Lost Coast Cycle out of Ukiah, Ca. hauled me and my bike to their shop that night. The next morning they took it apart and found ground metal every where. Then they did something I've never heard any shop doing, especially a Jap shop. They pulled a brand new Busa off the show room floor and pulled the clutch pack out of it and put it in mine and had me out of there my noon that day. Those guys were great and I still got to see the races.

I would advise anyone to do it your self .... Just called Suzuki Manufacturing , And was told that Its not covered on my GenII 08 :headache: I have to come out of my pocket !!!

Back