Yoshimura Exhaust Low-Volume Insert Removal Creates rattle

Scottrod

Registered
Hey Guys...I have a full Yosh system and when I remove the insert for low volume it causes a rattle in the exhaust. I tried putting a bolt and a nut in the hole that normally holds the insert in place but it still has a slight rattle. Any suggestions? Help!

Not to insult your intelligence but did you check that nothing has been dropped down the hole were the bolt comes out that holds the silencer in on the inside of the can, I would start by taking the muffler off & turn it upside down see if anything falls out ! good luck !

Not to insult your intelligence but did you check that nothing has been dropped down the hole were the bolt comes out that holds the silencer in on the inside of the can, I would start by taking the muffler off & turn it upside down see if anything falls out ! good luck !

+1 to that

Like the other guys said, I would first check to make sure that nothing has fallen down inside the muffler. Then go from there.

Well according to his sig, it's one of those "Full Yoshimura Tri-Opal Exhaust", so I'd check to make sure there aren't loose pieces of opal in there :)

Hi there,

I have the same Yosh full system with the sound insert removed on my 09 Busa. It makes the same rattle noise when the engine decels toward the bottom of the rev range. I only really notice it when I am at a stop or off the bike while it's running and I blip the throttle. I took it to the dealer and they said they have heard the sound before and it is "normal" for this exhaust. I have also heard this exhaust make the same sound on a ZX-14 video clip that I found on You Tube. I am not worried about it.

Does it sound like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with jhald, I have the TRC and I removed the silencer and I have the same slight rattle. I think it is a design flaw, but neither the less I only hear it at idle and low rpms. Other than that she be screaming. I really don't even notice it now, I've had my system on for 2yrs and it's a part of the normal sound of the bike. So chin up and ride it, GONE

Mine did that and drove me crazy. Put a bolt in the hole and it didnt help. Called customer service at Yosh and they sent me a rubber insert and that took it away.:thumbsup:

Back