What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

20230402_000348.jpg

20230402_000453.jpg

20230402_000641.jpg

20230402_000724.jpg

20230402_000758.jpg

Since the thread is up, I put the trunk back on and ordered a new set of speakers for that, currently pushing 800w at 2ohms through 8 speakers. The ones in the pack were stock so they are short lived when it is on. Oh and I took the heal shifter off. Can’t stand it. Got the bushing from Harley for a whopping, hold on to your knickers, .96. That’s right. Less than a buck. Cheapest visit ever to the parts dept

25169E8D-F768-40FC-8600-5BAFF6C34BE8.jpeg

04A079FE-E343-45DD-A963-E313E3A25CAF.jpeg

Last edited:
Since the thread is up, I put the truck back on and ordered a new set of speakers for that, currently pushing 800w at 2ohms through 8 speakers. The ones in the pack were stock so they are short lived when it is on. Oh and I took the heal shifter off. Can’t stand it. Got the bushing from Harley for a whopping, hold on to your knickers, .96. That’s right. Less than a buck. Cheapest visit ever to the parts dept

View attachment 1664935

View attachment 1664936
What do you listen to while riding?

One of our guys in our bike club had a big 'ol boat like yours and spent a pile of money on his sound system and would crank up George Micheals or some sort of crap.......mostly to piss us off......

We thought he must have been half deaf due to the horrible music and super loud exhaust system...

I have a wide range of music. From 5 finger death punch, nubreed, Hank jr, Phil collins and the list goes on. I am actually half dead and need hearing aids for certain tones but I can hear this clear as day with a full face helmet at 80mph. And my exhaust is 95dcb at idle lol. On a side note, came off the clutch a bit too quickly the other day and pulled the wheel up a tad. I don’t mind one wheel on the Busa but not this bus.

Since the thread is up, I put the trunk back on and ordered a new set of speakers for that, currently pushing 800w at 2ohms through 8 speakers. The ones in the pack were stock so they are short lived when it is on. Oh and I took the heal shifter off. Can’t stand it. Got the bushing from Harley for a whopping, hold on to your knickers, .96. That’s right. Less than a buck. Cheapest visit ever to the parts dept

View attachment 1664935

View attachment 1664936
Love my heel shifter! And I got lucky today at the parts dept. my buddy removed the antenna and just had a hole where it went so I bought him the plug that fills it for $2.50!! Happy birthday to him!

Not mine but added the drop H decal to my buddies ex-police bike. Here’s the fun part… we tried using HDs site to gain placement but get this… the white bike and black bike have different locations for the decal. We are sure it’s a mistake but I thought I was crazy trying to measure and get them exactly where they needed to be.

4BD171EC-72ED-4CA3-95C3-4E9F710F633C.jpeg

AFE4B3E9-63F8-45B8-A017-99AFB62869D3.jpeg

Started removing some of the chrome off the bike. Got a black crash bar, highway pegs, rear passenger pegs ( OMG are these so much better than boards. My legs don’t hit them ) today I got black levers, mirrors and the lower fairing on the forks. I will leave some chrome but not all.

Before

View attachment 1665696
After
View attachment 1665697

View attachment 1665698

View attachment 1665699
You know when you've "arrived" when you have a cup holder on your motorcycle....:lol:

Hopefully you kept that...

Static balanced, balancer leveled, tire balanced perfectly, 90° valve stem in.
Some marine grease on the axle, and torque it, pinch bolts, and calipers with a little anti-sieze...and another one done.

I've been mounting and balancing my own tires for a long time now, on friends' equipment, and in recent years, bought my own.
If you work on your own bike, but don't change your own tires, consider doing it.
It's not difficult, and the equipment pays for itself in a short space of time, vs paying labor to have it done.
Plus it's nice to have tires show up at your house vs having to go anywhere, and to have a set on the shelf ready to go too.

View attachment 1651467

View attachment 1651468

View attachment 1651469

View attachment 1651470

View attachment 1651471
I’ve been looking into doing this very thing myself the last few days. The whole if you buy our overpriced tires here we’ll discount the labor for mounting and balancing never sat well with me. A set of road 5 tires for the price of road 6. I support local businesses but it has to make sense for me to do so.

I’ve seen balancers similar to the one have you have pictured, is that a Harbor freight model, and another that sits the tire horizontally on springs and uses a bubble level in the middle. Harbor freight portable wheel balancer sku 51940. Do you have experience with the latter? If so, which do you prefer?

I’ve been looking into doing this very thing myself the last few days. The whole if you buy our overpriced tires here we’ll discount the labor for mounting and balancing never sat well with me. A set of road 5 tires for the price of road 6. I support local businesses but it has to make sense for me to do so.

I’ve seen balancers similar to the one have you have pictured, is that a Harbor freight model, and another that sits the tire horizontally on springs and uses a bubble level in the middle. Harbor freight portable wheel balancer sku 51940. Do you have experience with the latter? If so, which do you prefer?

I prefer the static balancer like I have vs the bubble type, and this one is a Redline Stands brand.

Back