What age were you when you started riding? Who was the oldest when you started?

11 on an race-tuned 2001 RM125!

My optimistic father thought "It only gets to 60mph in a second and a half, what could possibly go wrong?

back in the great summer of 1998:rofl:

RSV4_Factory_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
moi a 19 ans de France maintenant 48 ans fin du mois .
j'ai commencé avec RGV250
puis :
carburateur svs650
cbr600fs
Frelon 900
cbr929
vtr1000sp1
drz400
svs650injection
gsxs1000
yamaha r1 60ème anniversaire 2022
hayabusa 2022 perle blanche
et bien sur à 14 ans dtr50 r puis 16 ans aprilia af1 futura

Does it count that when I was 7 or 8 I put a playing card attached with a clothespin on the spokes of my bicycle
so I could pretend I was on a motorcycle?

My Mother was 100% against me getting a motorcycle while I was living at home.
So I bought my first real motorcycle a Honda 500 DX when I was 19 and kept it in my Sisters garage.

I was 10 as well, my first bike was a' 70s Suzuki 80 with a chrome gas tank...don't know what it was....but I do know I worked like a rented mule for it...
My second motorcycle was a Suzuki 80, I think it was a Bandit and either that bike or my Hodaka 90 had a chrome gas tank. My friend had a Honda 50 mini bike that his dad put a 70 cc engine on and it would eat my Yamaha 60 lunch.

I was 12, in 1989
A friend of my Dad gave him a non running 1979 Suzuki TS100, 2-stroke, 4speed.
My Dad showed me how to rebuild all of it.
Then he told me I how to ride it.
I eased the clutch out and stalled it.
2nd try, off I went.
About 30 seconds into it I nailed it and pulled back hard...and rode my first dirtbike wheelie, lol...I already had them down on bicycles, and I never looked back.

20180907_171610.jpg

Origins...lmao

Started on a Honda XR100 when I was around 10. Couple summers later I broke the subframe from hitting jumps way too big for that bike. Upgraded to a CR125 2 stroke and got into MX a bit. At 17 I got a 2002 R1 and entered the world of street bikes. Surprisingly lived another couple years until I picked up a K6 GSXR1K. Really wish I still had that bike, felt great and tons of power. Sold the GSXR after owning it for a few years and didn't own another motorcycle until I picked up the Hayabusa last year.

Musta bin 10 or so on my neighbour's minibike. Once in a blue moon I was allowed to ride it up and down the block. Man oh man, I wanted one, but that was never gonna happen. Now at 63 I have my dream bike, a 2022 Busa.
Yup ... feels good!!
:banana:

Two years ago, out of nowhere, one of my best buddies started riding at age 61. One thing led to another and now I'm back on two wheels.
God Bless 'im!

Back