What age were you when you started riding? Who was the oldest when you started?

Got pics somewhere...riding with dad at age 3~!~ He got me started early

Got started on my own little two wheeled motors sometime within the next few years but don't know what age exactly...

You know they make the tiny ones with training wheels now~?~

About 2 years later I got Kawasaki KD 80 QUOTE]

I had one of those, one of my favorite bikes during that time~!~

The carb was low on the motor under the side casing...always had to empty the water out of it from riding through the river and stalling~!!~ :whistle:

I started riding when I was 3.

My Dad bought us a PW50 that my older brother rode. For my 3rd birthday he let me ride it around the house (and I crashed into a woodpile)... :laugh:

From then on, I've been hooked... :thumbsup:

Should we start with pics next.... :rofl:

14. It was, and probably still is, THE most awesome experience I'd ever had in life! After all, I'd been waiting :please: for FOURTEEN YEARS to finally ride! :cheerleader:

Life without riding is just not complete.

first ride was at 22, didn't have my own until earlier this year. am 25 now

33 when i started, MSF was the first time to really ride a bike

prolly 100k in 9yrs
MSF inst now too. :thumbsup:

Started at age 5 on a Z50. On my 8th birthday my dad purchase a YZ80. At 12 years old dad again purchased a YZ125. Last bike dad purchsed at 15yrs old a YZ250, And from what I remember the first time on it was a HANDFUL.. License Permit for car at 16, at 17 I got my car License and Motorcycle permit I bought my Dad's GS850 Suzuki first Street bike. In 11th grade and weighted 140 pounds BIKE WEIGHT CLOSE TO 600 pounds.. Have not ridden on Dirt for a few years now. I have had 5 street bikes, purchase the Busa in 2001. That I ride at least 2 to 3 times a week. Plan on buying a GSRX1000 in 2010. Im 39 years old this Month...

Sorry being one of the senior members at 56 but I started riding @ 14 which gives me 42 years of experience.

Briggs & Stratton mini and cart when I was 6 or 7,, so I was told. One Uncle owned a bicycle lawn mower shop were all of the tinkering with two stroke engines came from. Another uncle owned a Harley Davidson dealership where my older Brother and my five older boy cousin's tore apart and built as many rat bikes as possible. There were always broken down Harley :laugh: and (not to many) few Indian, Husqvarna, Bultaco parts ,,, and whatever else could be found laying around.

My parents were big early day Formula 1 fans and my Father who was a Air Force F-86 Crew Chief and gear-head himself, who worked for Ford Motor Company, were always surrounding us with track time, new release cars and plenty of riding/carting time. You could say it's in mine and all of my brothers' blood.

Always sideways!! :thumbsup:

Still remember my first ride, prolly around 8 or 9 years old, helped a farmer roll hay bales all day, end of teh day he rolls out this "giant" scooter from the corner of the barn. "you want to ride it"? Did I want to ride it???? :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: Ya, I wanted to ride it, floor boards & automatic... Cushman? I don't know, but I was hooked right there, ran a tank of gas through it & never dropped it in the fields that night...so started a life time love affair.

Started riding minibikes @ 11 but didnt have my own until age 25 and it was a Suzuki LT500R ( for those that may not know that was the Quad Zilla ) I bought that in 1990 and still have it. I rode that for about 10 years and parked it. Then bought a 1985 Kawisaki GPZ 750 my 1st street bike , had that for 5 years and sold it. Then 1 1/2 years ago got my current ride 08 Busa.

1970 Rupp Bandit .

I was 6. :laugh:

Rupp Bandit.jpg

9 years old on a honda trail 70, 4 speed 1 down and 3 up, it was teal and my grandfather bought it for me.

@14,a 1981 KX 80,the one with the number plates and the rear fender as one.Also became my first rebuild after learning about shop labor...$40 per hour>manual $16.99 plus parts- "here ya go son":laugh:

started off on a friends 80cc and then 125cc dirtbikes when i was 12 and 13. moved to seattle and never rode after that until i was 18 and bought my 97' gsxr600.

at 19 i bought my 01 busa new. then bought my 748r as a second bike at 23.

sold the busa in 06 and bought my 999. sold the 748r in 08. 28 now and down to just the 999 which i love. if things get better i would like to add a second bike to the garage again. maybe a busa again or a rsv4:cheerleader:

Back