Who is the oldest Busa rider on this site??

Just curious at to how many older riders we have on here and who is the oldest rider. I'm 56 and proud owner operator of a Gen I and Gen II Busa. I'll never stop riding these beautiful beasts. Shocks the hell out of some of the "kids" in my area when I pull up at an event and pull the helmet off to show a gray haired dude riding a Busa. I'll admit, I don't ride them nearly as quick/fast as they are meant to or can, every time I I get on it, past experiences kick in.
I’m 73 waiting on my new busa :-)

Just curious at to how many older riders we have on here and who is the oldest rider. I'm 56 and proud owner operator of a Gen I and Gen II Busa. I'll never stop riding these beautiful beasts. Shocks the hell out of some of the "kids" in my area when I pull up at an event and pull the helmet off to show a gray haired dude riding a Busa. I'll admit, I don't ride them nearly as quick/fast as they are meant to or can, every time I I get on it, past experiences kick in.
Seems like a few Busa owners are into their 50's, I'll turn 61 in January and I own a 2002 Gen and I recently purchased a 2022 Silver/Red gen 3. As one other poster said, it's hilarious seeing other riders looks when I take my lid off exposing a head of short cropped grey head and grey beard [sometimes clean shaved]. Personally my thoughts are these, if your the sort of rider that has always had the need for speed and power, then these traits do not tend to leave you in most cases. My only issue with riding my new Busa is lifting my feet up onto the high pegs. I wore out my knee's through work over the years and they don't bend so well at 60. However using the info I found on this site I have just ordered a pair of black 40mm lowered pegs which will make a huge difference. I have lowered pegs on my Gen 1 but they do not fit my Gen 3. I also own an R 1200GS and the leg/foot position on that bike is perfect. Considering the Busa is allegedly a Hyper sport/tourer apparently designed for covering long distances in a day, it mystifies me why Suzuki set the riders pegs hight so high. I have read posts for over 20 years about this issue so it has clearly affected taller riders like myself since Gen 1 yet despite this Suzuki has decided to ignore this issue. Providing these lowered pegs do the trick and my mobility and vision holds out, I fully intend to still be riding a Busa well into my 70's.

Seems like a few Busa owners are into their 50's, I'll turn 61 in January and I own a 2002 Gen and I recently purchased a 2022 Silver/Red gen 3. As one other poster said, it's hilarious seeing other riders looks when I take my lid off exposing a head of short cropped grey head and grey beard [sometimes clean shaved]. Personally my thoughts are these, if your the sort of rider that has always had the need for speed and power, then these traits do not tend to leave you in most cases. My only issue with riding my new Busa is lifting my feet up onto the high pegs. I wore out my knee's through work over the years and they don't bend so well at 60. However using the info I found on this site I have just ordered a pair of black 40mm lowered pegs which will make a huge difference. I have lowered pegs on my Gen 1 but they do not fit my Gen 3. I also own an R 1200GS and the leg/foot position on that bike is perfect. Considering the Busa is allegedly a Hyper sport/tourer apparently designed for covering long distances in a day, it mystifies me why Suzuki set the riders pegs hight so high. I have read posts for over 20 years about this issue so it has clearly affected taller riders like myself since Gen 1 yet despite this Suzuki has decided to ignore this issue. Providing these lowered pegs do the trick and my mobility and vision holds out, I fully intend to still be riding a Busa well into my 70's.
Hi. I will be 74 next year. I am buildimg a Land Speed / street bike 400 HP in street trim 900 to 1000 HP in race trim. I am looking to go 278.6 MPH or more. My thread my very slow build. I do not know if it will be the best busa on here but I know it will be the one tjat cost the most to build.

61-1/2, white gen 3, I installed heli bars riser and 40mm drop pegs and I don’t have any trouble putting my feet on the pegs and I have arthritis in both knees. You’ll love the drop pegs. If you’re using the M-factory pegs I read that someone complained of them eating into the sole of their shoes so before I installed mine I put them in my lathe and knocked the sharp points down with a file just a bit.

Had my first Gen-1’s at 40.

Now approaching 59 with a Gen-3, B-King and a couple of Gen-1’s amongst my other Suzuki’s.

94FBB8FF-D54F-449D-BB36-A925ADD53DF8.jpeg

ADE119F8-AF6D-4380-9DD9-C80E0D227BE5.jpeg

75!

Bought my first bike at 17 just after I joined the army - Norton Dominator 66 (lost all my original photos in an acrimonious divorce years ago :cool: )

View attachment 1656727

and the latest is a Gen 3 (had a Gen 2 previously) I bought myself for my 74th birthday in August last year. Set it up for touring round Europe and love it:

View attachment 1656728
If I make it to 75 I hope I look as young as you do, I need whatever water you’re drinking. My best friend is 81 and gets around better than most 50 year olds, his mother lived to be 98. Anyway love my gen 3.

I’m 59 and just bought my second Busa

Back