New 'Busa Rider in NC

The_HighwayMan

Registered
Just bought my first Hayabusa and it is the first motorcycle I owned but not ridden. Yea, yea, yea I'm sure there are a million reasons why I shouldn't have bought it, but I'll say this, I'm a smart GIANT with good clutch control. I'm not trying to break land speed records or drag a knee (well not tomorrow at least) but I want to ride for a long time. So doing things like riding out of my comfort zone isn't an option. I paired up with more experienced street riders who ride within my comfort zone and push me gradually. I wear gear and will be getting the Leatt brace. Personally I like to be as prepared as possible. I haven't taken my safety class yet because they were book a month out when I bought my BUSA! I will be taking that and CornerSpin down in Charlotte. You can't put a price on training and gear. Protection with the knowledge to be safe is what I'm about. I have to take this thing across country! So it's great to be here!

That's what I plan on doing! I'll be honest. Even though I've ridden before I was a bit apprehensive once the bike came home. The apprehension came from it being a "Hayabusa" not a sport bike, I've ridden them. My colleague came over, with his busa, and we hit the parking lot next to my place and in a few moments I was doing simple maneuvers that allowed me to build the confidence I needed. Confidence not Experience. Every ride I try to learn and improve on it and take it fourth to the next ride.

Welcome. You are a wise man to take a safety course. I have been riding since I was a kid and I am taking one this Saturday. I learn something new every time.

Thanks for all the love, I've been going on really quick rides on her and I love and respect the power. I start my safety class tonight and I'm uber excited. Going down to Cornerspin next month as well.

Back