Who is the oldest Busa rider on this site??

Grandma GIF by INTO ACTION

who is living life *

The wrong side of 60 with a heap of health issues.

Currently a Gen-3, Gen-2, Gen-1 Streetfighter, Gen-1 long term project, B-King amongst others.

Currently looking at the next step up the performance ladder. Done nitrous, big bores, had a supercharged H2 SX, don’t want another H2. The Gen-3 was considered for a big hp build, but it’s such a good road bike as it is, it’s currently looking like the Gen-2 will be geting some extra spice.

I’ve always said my bikes will get bigger and better, there will be no smaller sensible bikes with old age. The day I can’t ride the bikes I love I’ll get a nice car, something 4 wheeled fun. I don’t buy into the “any bikes better than no bike”. Not what I want.

Currently a Gen-3, Gen-2, Gen-1 Streetfighter, Gen-1 long term project, B-King amongst others.

Currently looking at the next step up the performance ladder. Done nitrous, big bores, had a supercharged H2 SX, don’t want another H2. The Gen-3 was considered for a big hp build, but it’s such a good road bike as it is, it’s currently looking like the Gen-2 will be geting some extra spice.

I’ve always said my bikes will get bigger and better, there will be no smaller sensible bikes with old age. The day I can’t ride the bikes I love I’ll get a nice car, something 4 wheeled fun. I don’t buy into the “any bikes better than no bike”. Not what I want.
What about building your own Superbusa with the kit?

That'd put some starch in the old bike.....

My job requires physical tasks such as climbing roof tops and crawling, well, crawlspaces. I asked an "old timer" once about doing this work later in life. He smiled and said we (hopefully) get wiser and recognize our limitations.

We've all seen young people that have neglected their fitness to the point where they cannot do basic physical tasks. I'm hoping to age "gracefully." And ride. Always ride...

Currently looking at the next step up the performance ladder....

I’ve always said my bikes will get bigger and better, there will be no smaller sensible bikes with old age.
Interesting. I have always felt the same way. Have you ever sat on a bmw s1000rr? The position with your bum forward is almost upright, much better that the hayabusa surprizingly. To do the corners fast you slide back. The downside is the peg height, it's high! But it's easy enough to lower them a bit. I only mention it because you're chasing performance and @ 200kg and 200HP they are a fair bit quicker than a busa. I have one, rode it for the last 3 years and was going to sell it but now I might keep it and lower the pegs. My hamstrings were/are the problem, if you have good flex in the legs though it shouldn't be an issue. I'm 61, 6' tall and 100kg

Interesting. I have always felt the same way. Have you ever sat on a bmw s1000rr? The position with your bum forward is almost upright, much better that the hayabusa surprizingly. To do the corners fast you slide back. The downside is the peg height, it's high! But it's easy enough to lower them a bit. I only mention it because you're chasing performance and @ 200kg and 200HP they are a fair bit quicker than a busa. I have one, rode it for the last 3 years and was going to sell it but now I might keep it and lower the pegs. My hamstrings were/are the problem, if you have good flex in the legs though it shouldn't be an issue. I'm 61, 6' tall and 100kg
I found my H2 SX SE a more natural riding position for me, went OK.
I bought the Gen-3 knowing I could always change seats, bars, pegs but so far I haven’t needed to.
I do fancy something unnecessarily powerful that can’t be bought from a showroom next.

Busa’s are pretty comfy compared to some of my bikes.

92FC88E0-2902-49C3-96D6-8DF9CACF4B99.jpeg

Busa’s are pretty comfy compared to some of my bikes.

View attachment 1677415
Boy I haven't seen one of those on the road since the early 80's. I rode across Australia NE to SW and on the nullabour plain met a couple of guys hauling an 1100 Katana and the 750 version of that GSX-R. I though it was pretty weak of them to truck them across but it was a big long straight run. We all caught up there living in the same suburb months later. Perth WA is a good place for that when you're young. A guy who runs a small backyard bikeshop up in the city near me has one as well as some other classics. Here's his, have a drool.

Hi rez enlarges

BIKES (7).jpg

View attachment 1677419
Well bugger me Rojo, your video just opened my eyes. Of course it's stress free, if you're not going fast every chance you get :laugh: I'm gonna try that slower riding next time I go out, seriously!
Too bad I don't own a Harley, I could ride that way all the time ;)

So i was a little bored this morning ,
must be the older age setting in ,
so i scanned this entire thread .

:beerchug:

Made a list of our awesome members who posted.
If anyone really wants to know.

1st goes to jurassicbusa at 81 by my reading in this thread.
2nd goes to Mercedesrules at 80 by my reading in this thread.
3rd goes to BobbyVStrom at 79 by my readings in this thread.
We have 24 plus members in their 70s once again i only looked in this thread.
We have 23 plus members in their 60 once again only from this thread.

I for one think that is awesome and speaks to the greatness of our beloved busa !

:race:

who is still alive & riding here *

Back