What age were you when you started riding? Who was the oldest when you started?

IG.

Registered
We had polls who is the youngest rider, who is the oldest rider, at what age started riding (implying who was the youngest).

Now, I am trying to claim the award for who was the oldest when started riding.

OK, I started at 40, and there is a story behind it. I gotta run, but will tell you guys and gals later. And no, it wasn't a midlife crisis. :laugh:

My first ride was behind my oldest brother on his Harley. It didnt have a rear seat or rear foot pegs so I sat on the rear fender and held my feet up. I was 7 and have been riding ever since.

I rode dirt bikes as a kid
Honda 400THawk in the late 80's
Took a long break and bought a busa 3 years ago. A whole lot more power these day! I turn 40 January.

You can call me over the hill, but it's on a busa!:laugh:

12, a 4hp mini bike. Had some primitive dirt bikes in my late teens-early 20's, and some almost equally primitive street bikes. Got into cars and didn't ride again until about 15 years ago. Been through a string of bikes, street and dirt, working up to the Busa, which I bought 2 years ago as a 50th birthday present to myself.

I think I was 13 when I got the first bike of my own. Honda CT70. I put over 5000 miles on that bike all dirt roads, logging roads, gas/powerlines & horse trails.

1978 14 years old... riding 32 years! and I am still in one piece more or less!

First ride - mine was white.

images.jpg

11 yrs old, 1958, Minibike...Bug Engineering, bike was called a Flea, Clinton A490 engine. 2 stroke so I kicked all the Briggs & Stratten butts.
Since then, 68 motorcycles, currently have Kaw KLR 650 and two Hayabusas.

I started riding when I was 38 years old. No experience whatsoever prior to taking the MSF class. It's my 5th year last month.

Back