Well it looks like its time for new boots. :(

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
We had a decent run. 12 years ago I bought these Sidi boots for a track day. I've been riding with them every mile since then. SOOO comfortable, great feedback from the pegs and shift lever. Last night I noticed something "flapping" on them. Boooo....

I guess $275 isn't bad for 12 years worth of use, huh? Time to look for another pair of boots. Anyone know of any good deals?

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

You might be able to get them re-soled (sp?) BusaWhipped has had a couple of his boots re-soled until the uppers got destroyed. :whistle:

These maybe a little too old school for you, but I think they will be my next pair. Resoleable and custom sizing.

Gasolina Boots

cheers
ken

Hey bots sidi boots can have soles put on them. I think you can even pick up some from eBay for cheap. Me personally I'd just have a shoe shop reglue the area that's pulled loose or buy some shoe goop and DIY. But I'm cheap like that. :whistle:

Yeah the replacement soles I've found are gonna run me $50 plus shipping and I'm sure a shoe shop is gonna charge me at least $50 to put them on so that's half way to a new set of boots. We'll see. I might try some shoe glue yet. I certainly can't complain about 12 years of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

A little Shoe Goo and you'll be back in business. Just did my 9 year old Sidi's last week and worked great. Can pick it up at Walgreens. :beerchug:

I'll try to glue them for sure but these soles are worn. After lookin online for new boots all day today mine look really old. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Twelve years is a pretty good run. My opinion is to get a new pair of Sidi's. They are the best. Footwear is an important part of your protective gear and I think you certainly deserve it.

No help from me as Sidi boots don't fit my feet worth a crap. Now if it were Gaerne:whistle:

What size you wear Bots? I have a pair of Sidi's (size 44) new still in the box!

I know that 1 site Revzilla usually has clearance sales on all the top end gear its just a matter of if they have your size in stock. I'd also check Ebay, I grabbed up a pair of Teknic boots off there dirt cheap brand new still in box :beerchug:

i have a pair of sidi boots since 06 and they are great. I would just get another pair of them. of course they are more expensive now but i think they are worth it. saved my leg from being broken so im sold on them

I paid 450 for my new sidi boots.. That was hard to swallow. But like it's been said, they are a key element in your protection..

Wow, sorry I missed all these posts. The org isn't sending me updates lately. :banghead:

Tuf, I wear a 45. :(

I grabbed a pair of ventilated Sidis off craigslist on Sunday, they aren't as armored as my Vertebrae's were, but they'll be nice for sport touring.

I'll be watching the sales. :beerchug:

Revzilla is awsome they always have deal. I received my jacket the day after I ordered it. That doesn't always happen but it's normally fairly quick and very good pricing.

A little Shoe Goo and you'll be back in business. Just did my 9 year old Sidi's last week and worked great. Can pick it up at Walgreens. :beerchug:

Did my 13 year old Joe Rockets last year!
The heal was coming off of one. Glued and good as new.
How much walking do any of us really do in them any way?:beerchug:

Back