Well,I started the install......

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
I will certainly think twice before doing this again,but there is nobody here that I trust, so I decided to give it a whirl.Getting the bike prepped was a breeze but time consuming,with the hmf's,the rear had to come apart as well to get the hangers off.The kit was only a month old,and still looks brand new with the exception of the little soot on the inside of the down pipe.

I'm a little dissapointed in the fit of the header flange.I had to drill the holes out a bit to get the main assembly on,but its on.I should have it done tomorrow.The up pipe had been welded as well and required a bit of " coersing" if you will.I can tell the getting the rubber things between the throttle bodies and the plenum are gonna be a biotch,but I got some old school tricks for them.(soak them in hot water to soften them up and a shot or 2 of wd-40 should do it. The fuel system went pretty quick which was refreshing after the pain with the header flange.

I'll try to get some pics up soon,but trust me , Carmen is lookin too well at this point.But she will be by dark tomorrow.NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133638155 -->

Man,
You get all the cool toys! I don't know if I want a turbo so bad that I would take a job as Michael Jackson's bodyguard though.... J/K!
Can't wait to see the pics and hear about all your fun!
Semper Fi bro!

sounds like ya gettin it done with a good learning experience will look forward to the pics
cool.gif

Get her finished up and get her tuned, bro!  She's gonna be even more sweet! Can I come back for another ride now?

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133638963 -->

Get her finished up and get her tuned, bro! She's gonna be even more sweet! Can I come back for another ride now?
Joe Hahn sent me 2 maps,and Barry sent 2 as well.What I will say about Velocity is that their customer service is outstanding.AND, if you call them,5-6 times out of 10,Barry answers the phone! How cool is that? Dude will answer any and all questions.I called Velocity several times yesterday to get the tracking # for the parts that the kit was missing and got Barry in his car every time! I'm impressed with the customer service,something that will keep me coming back.NJ.

Wish I was there to help..... I would love to be a fly on the wall during that job!

Well,She's a running now.Sounds good,I still have some minor adjusting to do on the up-pipe and then put the 2 side fairings on,clean her up and take some pics.I never want to do this again.I'm not kidding, it was a pain in the arse!,BUt there were some contributing factors to that,all of which I think can be attributed to the kit having been on another bike and they welded the up-Pipe!,and the header bolt holes werent perfect,I had to slot one or 2 of them out to get the header bolts in.

I can say she sounds pretty cool,I switched out my PC3 USB for an R,The map I loaded has timing taken out at the right places.I'm taking her to a shop tomorrow and having a blow-off valve welded into the intake.Its gonna take a while to get used to the exhaust note, its uh....different.Even with just the down pipe,you can stil hear it spooling,sounds pretty cool.I'll post pics tomorrow after I get her cleaned up and take her for a spin! Damn I'm tired of working on this bike! NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133721192 -->

Well,She's a running now.Sounds good,I still have some minor adjusting to do on th eup-pipe and then put the 2 side fairings on,clean her up and take some pics.I never want to do this again.I'm not kidding, it was a pain in the arse!,BUt there were some contributing factors to that,all of which O think can be attributed to the kit having been on another bike and they welded the up-Pipe!,and the header bolt holes werent perfect,I ahd to slot one or 2 of them out to get the header bolts in.

I can say she sounds pretty cool,I switched out my PC3 USB for an R,The map I loaded has timing taken out at the right places.I'm taking her to a shop tomorrow and having a blow-off valve welded into the intake.Its gonna take a while to get used to the exhaust note, its uh....different.Even with just the down pipe,you can stil hear it spooling,sounds pretty cool.I'll post pics tomorrow after I get her cleaned up and take her for a spin! Damn I'm tired of working on this bike! NJ.
Sounds good.
You might change your mind after that first ride.
wow.gif

Good job, Tony! Be glad to see the pics when she's cleaned up.

right on, can wait to see some photos. guess its time to change the banner,

do you still have tuning to do when she returns ?

Heres a couple of pics,I'm gonna post up some more later when my new side fairings get done from the paint shop,I took them to a guy here and he butchered them,I was livid! So for now this is all I'm gonna post of it,I did several other mods as well.NJ.

Resized_side_view.JPG

Back